One Passenger Embarking Mid-Cruise?

impartfish

Is it possible for one person in a cabin to board the ship on embarkation day and the other person to board half-way through the cruise? This would be in Europe so I don't think the Passenger Services Act would come into play, is that right?

Thanks for any help.

Is it possible for one person in a cabin to board the ship on embarkation day and the other person to board half-way through the cruise? This would be in Europe so I don't think the Passenger Services Act would come into play, is that right?

Thanks for any help.

Agreed - it is nothing to do with the Passenger Services Act. That is American legislation and only applies in USA. It would be up to the cruiseline and whether they would charge solo person at the twin rate or solo rate for the first half. Another question is whether the Immigration and Customs authorities at the point of embarkation of the second person would allow someone to leave their country. Ask the cruise line.

Check with Princess. It should be OK but I'd make sure Princess knows the passenger is embarking. The Security staff would have to be alerted that the passenger is embarking without a cruise card. The passenger would pay the full fare, not a pro-rated fare.

Entertainers and staff board mid-cruise all the time.

It would be for Dublin which is in an EU country. I've seen people depart in France before (which is an EU country), so that's why I was wondering if the other passenger could start mid-cruise in Dublin. I wouldn't expect any kind of discount on the fare - just need the convenience of boarding at that time. I've asked Princess but of course, they are taking awhile to decide and I'm not a patient person! :o Thanks for the help!

My guess is that they'll allow it with enough notice, but you'll more than likely have to pay for the whole cruise regardless of when you embark. We're disembarking a day early and or TA is working too clear it through Princess.

My parents and I are doing this. Ship sails from Sydney to LA, which we've been to. Instead, we're spending a week on the South Island of NZ, and boarding at the next port, Wellington. We could've booked Auckland-LA , but would've missed the 3 North Island NZ ports; so we paid for the longer cruise. You need book the cruise, enter the passport details into the cruise personalizer for each person in your cabin, and have your TA (or yourself, if booking directly) request permission for your friend to board later on in the cruise. It takes 7 business days for them to reply.

We booked the cruise, entered the immigration info. in the Cruise Personalizer and are now waiting for Princess' response. Very helpful to know that it could take as long as a week for them to get back to us. Thanks for that info. Qextor!

Thanks everyone for the responses as well. The second person just can't possibly go on the entire cruise and it's a matter of convenience, and for that, we're willing to pay the usual cruise fare for 2 passengers for the whole cruise. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
My parents and I are doing this. Ship sails from Sydney to LA, which we've been to. Instead, we're spending a week on the South Island of NZ, and boarding at the next port, Wellington. We could've booked Auckland-LA , but would've missed the 3 North Island NZ ports; so we paid for the longer cruise. You need book the cruise, enter the passport details into the cruise personalizer for each person in your cabin, and have your TA (or yourself, if booking directly) request permission for your friend to board later on in the cruise. It takes 7 business days for them to reply.

That's good to know. Thank you :)

Thanks for any help.

Have you checked w Princess?

DON