$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

918baker has not posted on any forum since the 20th march. We would like to know the outcome or has she been SILENCED.

I heard from her 2 days ago and NO it has not been fixed. RCCL is telling her that her TA must refund her. Do not know much else :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can see why this is not really RCCL who is responsible since the travel agent seems to have committed fraud. I also think all this posting may have given other unethical people a great way to commit fraud.

A bit scary that the travel company that was involved, did not make this right.

I never use a travel agent and this is a perfect reason not to use one in the future.

You would think the main travel agency would not want this so public for the sake of travel agents everywhere. It is clear that you must work with your travel agent not RCCL when you charge a cruise. Who would think their travel agent would charge your credit card and apply to another reservation. But lie and say it would be applied to your reservation only to find you did not have the payment applied. Unthinkable!

I think I will stick with booking directly with the cruise companies directly no matter what little extras the travel agents might offer. I can't believe the main agency that employed the rogue travel agent has not made this right just so they don't look bad for travel agents everywhere.

Me too. Have not used a travel agent in many years. I understand some have good relationships with them. But this lady's experience is scary.

I can see why this is not really RCCL who is responsible since the travel agent seems to have committed fraud. I also think all this posting may have given other unethical people a great way to commit fraud.

A bit scary that the travel company that was involved, did not make this right.

I never use a travel agent and this is a perfect reason not to use one in the future.

You would think the main travel agency would not want this so public for the sake of travel agents everywhere. It is clear that you must work with your travel agent not RCCL when you charge a cruise. Who would think their travel agent would charge your credit card and apply to another reservation. But lie and say it would be applied to your reservation only to find you did not have the payment applied. Unthinkable!

I think I will stick with booking directly with the cruise companies directly no matter what little extras the travel agents might offer. I can't believe the main agency that employed the rogue travel agent has not made this right just so they don't look bad for travel agents everywhere.

When your credit card bill shows RCCL pulling the payments it's hard to understand exactly RCCL is not also responsible.

Because the travel agent takes care of the payment to RCCL. The travel agent should be honest and only charge your card to YOUR cruise. Not your card to someone else's cruise and then lie to you about the payment being applied to your cruise.

Because the travel agent takes care of the payment to RCCL. The travel agent should be honest and only charge your card to YOUR cruise. Not your card to someone else's cruise and then lie to you about the payment being applied to your cruise.

But despite 29 pages of post over 3 months, it's not entirely clear if the agent or RCCL billed OP's card in error. I don't know the TA, but I do know RCCL and so long as they continue to bill folks for $7 water bottles they never touched, I'm in the RCCL should make it right corner. They can bill a dozen couples who don't check their credit card statements post cruise and still come out ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

If the original TA belongs to ASTA, they should be notified. Also BBB. I hope we hear that this mess is cleared up and the $1400 back where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I'm doing my very best to be clear and fair about the facts known. The facts are very very limited and the smoke is very very thick. At this point I'm simply frustrated past my last nerve at the mass confusion and chaos. I just want to know what happened. I am a very kind and understanding person.... but someone is at fault and it's time to come to terms with it.

I'm unsure of all of the rules of CC and I know that in this particular thread it would be unwise to discuss. If only we had private messaging! My email is unfortunately my name :') and I don't have a junk email at the moment. If you have a junk email you would like to post I will email you the Parent TA website and what I know about them!

late to the game..but interested to know! xxdance8chikxx at gmail dot com

As of yesterday no :(

Oh my goodness. I feel so sorry for the OP that this is still not resolved!

JVilleGal,

when you hear from Baker again, can you ask her if RCI ever confirmed whether her TA = the TA of record on the other RCI booking where OP's card was given as payment?

It seems like confirmation of the same TA would be the missing link?

Tell her we are still praying and hoping for full restitution - she will need another cruise to relax after this is all done!

As of yesterday no :(

That's totally messed up.

I wonder if the TA who allegedly misappropriated her funds can't replace the money.

If in fact it was the TA's fault i hope she is never allowed to be a TA again at minimum.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

WOW!! What an incredible situation!! I believe that the TA was totally at fault. I really hope the OP gets resolution. I'm glad she enjoyed her cruise and I believe that she handled herself well, I would have lost my mind.

This is horrifying. I don't think it will ever be resolved , but since the card number is entered and approved while the client is still on the line, there's no way I can imagine that someone at RCCL's end could charge someone else's cruise on it. The number is not accessible to them after they exit the booking. It's absolutely not a case of someone misposting, so it has to be the TA, which is very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I followed this thread closely weeks ago. We cruise in three days and popped on the board and was surprised to see this thread was back up. Here is the part I do not get:

"Our team called Mrs. Broughten on Friday, March 31, left her a voicemail advising TP Amy would be providing her with a refund and asked her to call Janice from our Guest Relations team. To date, Mrs. Broughten has not responded."

So the original poster was going to be reimbursed by the TA and then never called to get the refund? Is that correct? That does not sound right to me at all. I agree the TA was dirty. I love her little threat at the bottom of the page with her lawyer. What a sad ending. I hate it when people get ripped off.