$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

Well the story certainly changed a little didn't it.

Actually our OP's story has not changed though the article is confusing in some places. Her TA was a thief and she actually got her money back Last Friday! (And that was after weeks of being told "the check is in the mail")

The OP didn't disclose that she is also a TA or affiliated with the same company. But I'm glad that she got her money back.

And that makes things look bad. But she works for the school district and has never sold travel ever BUT did get roped into buying a card that gave her the right to sell travel services thru that company. She told me it sounded good to her but never did anything with it. And guess who Sold it to her?????? ;)

Actually our OP's story has not changed though the article is confusing in some places. Her TA was a thief and she actually got her money back Last Friday! (And that was after weeks of being told "the check is in the mail")

Thank you so much for letting us know that she got her money back. I'm so happy for her!! I do hope she continues to cruise with Royal, I think this is an extreme case but because she was so persistant she was able to get her money back.

And that makes things look bad. But she works for the school district and has never sold travel ever BUT did get roped into buying a card that gave her the right to sell travel services thru that company. She told me it sounded good to her but never did anything with it. And guess who Sold it to her?????? ;)

Lots of comments on the article about how that travel agency is really a multi-level marketing (pyramid) scheme. I'll bet this whole situation started with the TA wanting to get more sales credited within a certain month because it would help her cross some threshold. Hopefully the OP has also gotten out of that system, paying a monthly fee to "be a travel agent" and then not even using it sounds like a really bad way to lose money.

Was very curious on how this was going to turn out. I am glad the OP finally received her money back, it should have never taken this long. Although I think RCCI could have handled this better, I do not think they did anything wrong.

I find it quite funny, that the TA "Amy" states no one should make any derogatory remarks about her or her agency while making derogatory remarks about the client and RCCI. RCCI did not admit it was their fault (and it wasn't) Amy and the agency was in possession of the credit card, RCCI was not. By stating OP was a travel agent herself, suggests that she was part of this scheme and I don't think she was.

I am glad to finally read that this was resolved, and I appreciate the link to the artical, because I feel the real truth has finally come out. I am not sure how I feel about the op leaving out parts, from the start. She acted like she didn't know anything about the parent travel agency, or that they should be notified, but yet she also is a ta with them? I feel we were all drawn into this drama, and it got so big that people were blaming all travel agents and RCI, but only her friend Amy was the one to blame. I don't see that RCI had any blame in this, since the ta gave them the charge card to use, and had to know that was wrong. If they were friends, she surly would have recognized the name on the card, and knew it wasn't the one she needed to use for the other reservation.

Anyway, at least there is closure.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I am glad to finally read that this was resolved, and I appreciate the link to the artical, because I feel the real truth has finally come out. I am not sure how I feel about the op leaving out parts, from the start. She acted like she didn't know anything about the parent travel agency, or that they should be notified, but yet she also is a ta with them? I feel we were all drawn into this drama, and it got so big that people were blaming all travel agents and RCI, but only her friend Amy was the one to blame. I don't see that RCI had any blame in this, since the ta gave them the charge card to use, and had to know that was wrong. If they were friends, she surly would have recognized the name on the card, and knew it wasn't the one she needed to use for the other reservation.

Anyway, at least there is closure.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

To be clear she is NOT a Travel Agent, she works for the school district. She has never sold a ticket or booked a trip. She bought a card (likely from Amy) that allows her to sell travel but she never ended up doing it. And AMY is an acquaintance she met at a conference thru her husband. But these things certainly muddied the water of this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am missing something somewhere. Where does it say she got her money back?

I guess they are not friends anymore....

This matter has been resolved and though RCCL has admitted to the error on their end, both InteleTravel and myself have been working and will continue to work as advocates for Ms. Broughten as she is one of our own.

Ms. Broughten’s card was not used by either myself or InteleTravel without her consent and did not even have her card information in our possession for misuse. This was a complete mishandling by entities outside of Inteletravel and my personal agency.

Due to the gravity of the situation and the fact that the situation has been resolved, any further derogatory statements against my name or others will be handled by my lawyer. InteleTravel is my host agency and has been very active in the resolution in this matter and should not in any way be looked at negatively.

I am missing something somewhere. Where does it say she got her money back?

I guess they are not friends anymore.....

Another poster who was helping the OP outside of this site posted that she got her money last week.

I read this story on Elliott - why on earth did the woman who posted here tell Elliott she was a travel agent? She bought into an MLM scheme - she is no travel agent. And she also claimed in her story she is a certified Royal Caribbean expert which is untrue.

Why lie to whoever did the story on Elliott?

Happy you received your money back from the unscrupulous "agent" (who is no more an agent than you are- she is a pyramid scheme saleswomen) but by lying you made it seem you two were in cahoots together.

Maybe the bad publicity will put Amy out of business if she is playing with other people's money like this. I would hope the agency she is working through would throw her out for what she pulled.

And with that last response by the travel agent threatening a lawsuit, no wonder the OP quit posting.

Perhaps she quit posting because she lied to the reporter about her own credentials and expertise. She said in the article she is a "travel agent" and some type of certified Royal expert, which there is no such designation.

Glad she got her money back but she didn't come off looking good herself in the article.

While i 100% believe the OP I don't know where some of this info in the report comes from.

This is supposedly a quote from the OP which simply makes no sense to me.

“I booked with an acquaintance to have a stress-free birthday trip,” says Broughten. “I am an Expert-Plus Royal Caribbean travel agent and I am not feeling the ‘Loyal to You’ from Royal Caribbean.”

Is the person who wrote the article also work for the Elliott group?

Bill

I read this story on Elliott - why on earth did the woman who posted here tell Elliott she was a travel agent? She bought into an MLM scheme - she is no travel agent. And she also claimed in her story she is a certified Royal Caribbean expert which is untrue.

Why lie to whoever did the story on Elliott?

Happy you received your money back from the unscrupulous "agent" (who is no more an agent than you are- she is a pyramid scheme saleswomen) but by lying you made it seem you two were in cahoots together.

Maybe the bad publicity will put Amy out of business if she is playing with other people's money like this. I would hope the agency she is working through would throw her out for what she pulled.

Why assume the quotes are from the OP and that the 'reporter' is telling the truth?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Forums mobile app

Works with if you read the bottom of the credits.

Yep been running all day and just looked at her credentials. CPA,and senior editor for Elliott.org.

Just can't figure out why or what reason you would put that quote in there from the OP if the Elliott group advocates for the traveler.

I guess it's one of those great mysteries of life.:)

Bill