How long does it take to get off the ship at port?

#eurovirgin

Most cruise lines, for standard docked port stops, you will be able to get off within 30 minutes of scheduled docking. Tendering, and your final disembarkation are another ball game.

Ships are typically a little early, and tour companies will wait- they can see the ship is there, and the ship's status. So, using your example, I would book the tour in Rome no later than 8:30, and would even consider an 8am booking.

Once the ship clears customs, which as CruiserBruce says typically is within 30 minutes of docking, you can leave the ship. There will be people who will wait in the stairwells and and hallways to disembark, but there will be a flow once the process begins and it will move quickly. Certain timed excursions will likely get priority, but you will not have to wait long to disembark. Just remember to be back on board at the ship's published time, which typically is 30 minutes before departure.

Most cruise lines, for standard docked port stops, you will be able to get off within 30 minutes of scheduled docking. Tendering, and your final disembarkation are another ball game.

Ships are typically a little early, and tour companies will wait- they can see the ship is there, and the ship's status. So, using your example, I would book the tour in Rome no later than 8:30, and would even consider an 8am booking.

Rome is 90-120mins away from the port so if you are booking an excursion do it from the port, not the city.

We docked in Rome at 7am. We were off before 7.30am

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rome is 90-120mins away from the port so if you are booking an excursion do it from the port, not the city.

We docked in Rome at 7am. We were off before 7.30am

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps I should have said "to Rome". But Rome is more like 75 to perhaps 90 minutes away.