Bb king & blues band - "rotterdam" ?????

MARLEY225

Cruise Critic stated that the Rotterdam now had a BB King Band on board. Yet - Holland America's web site doesn't mention it. I called HAL and was advised "No". Has any one been on the "Rotterdam" lately and confirm yes or no. Appreciate it. Thanks.

They perform in the Crow's Nest (different than the Vista ships). I'll report on my live thread :).

My experience with calling Seattle is that I get three different answers with three different calls. I honestly think many have not been on the ships and don't know the difference between the different classes and the flag ships.

BB Kings is not normal on this class of ship but it is a flagship ;)

It is mentioned on the HAL web site:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=bbkings_bluesclub

and HAL reps are often wrong!

igraf

Cruise Critic stated that the Rotterdam now had a BB King Band on board. Yet - Holland America's web site doesn't mention it. I called HAL and was advised "No". Has any one been on the "Rotterdam" lately and confirm yes or no. Appreciate it. Thanks.

Rotterdam has had BB King for a couple of years. They perform 5 to 6 days a week. Starting at 21hr, doing three 45 minute sessions and a 15 min break. It ends at midnight.

In my experience, it was packed for two cruises and minimal attendance for one cruise.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from 14 days on the Rotterdam. The club is located in the crows nest on deck 9. They play 3 sets at 8:45, 9:45 and 10:45 except their day off on Tuesday

Just got back from 14 days on the Rotterdam. The club is located in the crows nest on deck 9. They play 3 sets at 8:45, 9:45 and 10:45 except their day off on Tuesday

I wonder what the status of the B.B. King All Stars will be after the Rotterdam's dry dock in October/November of this year. If her Crow's Nest is converted to the new Explorations Central there seemingly would be no venue for the band since there's no Queen's Lounge. If anyone has knowledge of the proposed plans for the Rotterdam's dry dock, please let us know. Thanks.

Bob