Real limes on Celebrity Solstice from Sydney

messej01

Hi,

I'm travelling on Celebrity Solstice, leaving Sydney Australia on 1st March. Can anyone tell me if Vodka, lime and sodas are made with real limes or cordial?

If cordial, do you think it would be ok if I took on board a big bag of limes and add my own to drinks?

Thanks

They had fresh limes onboard when we were last on Solstice. However vodka, lime & soda is usually made with lime cordial so if you want fresh lime juice in it you may have to request it specifically, explaining that you don't want the cordial.

They had fresh limes onboard when we were last on Solstice. However vodka, lime & soda is usually made with lime cordial so if you want fresh lime juice in it you may have to request it specifically, explaining that you don't want the cordial.

Most places I go only use fresh lime but I have seen dodgy pubs using cheap cordial as a substitute.

Might take a few limes just to be on the safe side.

Most places I go only use fresh lime but I have seen dodgy pubs using cheap cordial as a substitute.

Might take a few limes just to be on the safe side.

On our most recent cruise, there were plenty of fresh lemon and lime, pineapple, water melon, strawberrys, mint leaves, etc, for most every drink imagineable...you get the idea. Take the limes with you, but I think it is overkill.

While I did not have a VLS nor LLB, I am sure that like OzKiwiJJ suggested that if you want those drinks made with fresh squeezed I am sure that they will try to accommodate your request.

Having said that, I have drunk at a variety of pubs, clubs, Officer Messes, Tatersal Clubs, and even Parliamentary bars, some most definitely dodgey and the others most definitely not. All of them would make both VLS or LLB using a quality cordial (Schweppes , Bickfords et al) the lemon or lime component unless specifically requested. All would then dress the drink with a slice of either or both. Enjoy your cruise next month. Your won't get scurvy, lime or no lime.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Be aware that the word "cordial" has a different meaning in the US, and being a US ship even though sailing in Australian waters, there is a possibility for confusion. In The US, cordial refers to liqueurs like amaretto, triple sec, or some other sweetened alcoholic beverage that might be served in a cordial glass as an after dinner drink.

That being said, you will find plenty of fresh limes on board.

Are you permitted to bring aboard your own fruit (limes) & veg? It may seem strange but I know when we went on Solstice from Australia to NZ, we had to have a face-to-face interview with NZ immigration and we had to declare all food (which was confiscated unless it was snack bars, sweets/candy etc.).