Any news on Taittinger?

DUHCAR

If you have booked a cruise access your booking on the Seabourn website and you will find a "Before You Leave" panel on the left. Select "Purchase Beverages" and select "Wines & Champagne" and you will see all the premium wines available. Then select either the "Gold" or "Silver" that indicates for Gold you get to choose 6 of 10 wines and for Silver 3 of 6. Only problem is that there is no indication of which 10 or 6 are on those lists. If it we me, I would wait until I'm on board to determine if I want to purchase one of those packages and possibly use OBC if I had it.

As requested here's the gold/silver list. We always get a gold package since we get a 25% discount Seabourn Club discount. If you don't like the wines, the sommelier will generally allow $99 to $109 wines from the premium wine list to be substituted. Attached is the complimentary wine list from our April/May Sojourn Japan/China/Korea/Alaska cruise. Having trouble uploading the premium wine list - will do separately.

Here's the premium wine list.

Premium Wine List.pdf

As requested here's the gold/silver list. We always get a gold package since we get a 25% discount Seabourn Club discount. If you don't like the wines, the sommelier will generally allow $99 to $109 wines from the premium wine list to be substituted. Attached is the complimentary wine list from our April/May Sojourn Japan/China/Korea/Alaska cruise. Having trouble uploading the premium wine list - will do separately.

I am not a wine connoisseur as evidenced by once sampling DOM and thought it was terrible. I'm wondering if you or another poster could recommend a good white and red from the complimentary list to accompany dinner.

That's a really open ended question. What Someone else considers a good wine from the list may not be your idea of a good one, especially the whites. Best to work your way through the list when on board - much fun!!

You certainly don't have to be a connoisseur to enjoy wine. If you try different wines you will soon figure out the ones you like and don't like. And as the poster mentioned it can be fun to work your way through the list till you find a few that suit you. It is hard to make suggestions both be said we don't know your tastes and because the list is always changing. But rest assured there is always a wide selection.

But another option would be to have the Sommelier make suggestions. I have always found the Sommeliers on Seabourn more than willing to discuss the pros and cons of various wines and make suggestions based on your preferences ( i.e. Full bodied, light, dry, fruity, tannic, crisp, etc.) For me selecting a wine is very much tied to what I am eating as the wrong wine can either enhance or ruin a dish.

Have fun with it on Seabourn and know there are no wrong choices. If you try one you don't like ask for something else. That is one of the nice perks of all inclusive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not a wine connoisseur as evidenced by once sampling DOM and thought it was terrible. I'm wondering if you or another poster could recommend a good white and red from the complimentary list to accompany dinner.

My wife likes Santa Margherita and the Gavi. We both like Oyster Bay. The Wingspan and Petit Chablis aren't too bad. No chardonnays as we are ABC'ers (anything but chardonnay as we do not like the oakiness).

My wife generally does not drink red - I tend to stick to Australian/New Zealand wines. The South African and Chilean/Argentinian aren't too bad.

The above is strictly personal preferences and will probably have little impact on whether or not someone else likes the same wines.

Agree with Chairsin as the sommeliers usually learn what you like/dislike and make recommendations. May times they try to acquire local wines to supplement the list. Also, the list may vary due to availability/supply.

Edited by DCCruiser57
add info

we are taking our first cruise on Seabourn and are looking forward to the caviar. Any recognized French champagne will do. Moet, the widow, piper, Charles H would do. We like iced vodka with caviar.

I hope you consider Nicolas Feuillate a recognized French champagne because that's what you'll be getting.