Any news on Taittinger?

DUHCAR

... Staff later told me he was a man with high standards and he kept them 'in line", however their comments always reflected respect.

That's interesting. I saw exactly the opposite behavior when he was HM. Unless it's normal for assistant Maitre d's to be yelling at each other in the MDR while you're trying to have breakfast (for two weeks straight). In my experience he was no Karl. On a different cruise when he wasn't HM he was out and about and very pleasant to talk to.

• 1 month later...
I find that a shot of Ribena does the trick - the only snag is that you have to bring your own since Seabourn don't have it!

Ribena with Champagne, really, I'm not surprised it's not onboard, thought it was a kids cordial. As Lincslady says, Creme de Cassis is the way to go for a nice Kir Royal, and they certainly have that onboard :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ribena with Champagne, really, I'm not surprised it's not onboard, thought it was a kids cordial. As Lincslady says, Creme de Cassis is the way to go for a nice Kir Royal, and they certainly have that onboard :)

Not if you're in your room and fancy a quick kir royale it isn't!

Not if you're in your room and fancy a quick kir royale it isn't!

In that case it doesn't matter if Seabourn have it onboard if you're having it in your suite for a swifty :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Speaking of Ribena with the NF, if there are any other native/adopted northerners here we should lobby Seabourn to get some Vimto onboard. I'd be happy to be a tester for a Vimto and NF trial!

I'll stick with the more sophisticated Creme de Cassis for a Kir Royale in the public areas of the ship, but would love some Vimto in the mini bar

It was a mug of hot Vimto that persuaded me to relocate to north west England way back! ;p

Although in fairness, a decent sparkling wine can be far more palatable than a bad champagne

Champagnelovers,

On the last "International wine & spirits competition" in the UK ,the Cremant de Bourgogne blanc NV won a" Silver outstanding award" just like Veuve Cliquot Champagne vintage 2008.Score between 86 and 89.9/100

This Cremant de Bourgogne blanc can be bought for 6.99 € ( discounter Lidl ) in Belgium.

For the Veuve Cliquot you have to pay 56 € !!!!!!

What's in a name?:confused:

Speaking of Ribena with the NF, if there are any other native/adopted northerners here we should lobby Seabourn to get some Vimto onboard. I'd be happy to be a tester for a Vimto and NF trial!

I'll stick with the more sophisticated Creme de Cassis for a Kir Royale in the public areas of the ship, but would love some Vimto in the mini bar

It was a mug of hot Vimto that persuaded me to relocate to north west England way back! ;p

Nothing better than a hot Vimto on a cold day 😁

We are on the SoJourn for 50 nights just prior to dry dock. It will be interesting to see the before and later on the after. As far as the Chanpayne and Caviar go,

We like them both together each night. When the bartender sees us coming he already on the phone with the order.

As far as the Champayne goes, that decision is made by Carnival. They ok the orders for for spirits for all ships they own. So changing has to go through the red tape of the carnival purchasing department.

Per a carnival CEO friend, When Mickey Arison asked his head of purchasing how much they paid for spirits on all the ships, the answer was amazing to all at the meeting. The cost of regular bar spirits on the ships is $1.00 per liter bought at Carnivals volume. Amazing, even to my friend.

I am sure these are not what is served in Seaborne, but you get the idea. Their motto seems to be the best spirits at the LOWEST prices. It takes a while for that to come together. Hope to see many of you on our 50 day back to back.

• 1 month later...

As to all this Champagne stuff, my wife and I love bubbly, and have tried all kinds, up and down the price scale. We've found the Spanish Cava's most to our liking and settled on our current favorite - Segura Viudas.

Really though, it's all personal taste. But SB still really should add another couple choices, there are so many acceptable ones out there.

Let's not fall into the trap of thinking it has to come down to either a bad champagne or a better non-champagne sparkling wine. What's wrong with just serving a better champagne? Seabourn is a luxury line (and an expensive one) after all. Let's keep our standards high :) Chin, chin!

I met the new corporate beverage guru (who seemed like a very nice guy) who was visiting on the Quest. From talking with him, he seemed quite pleased with the NF (and proclaimed that it cost retail $47), and the tone of his comments suggest that his mission is to find inexpensive wines that please the palate.

I actually found it shocking that he found NF to be a good sparkly...

I met the new corporate beverage guru (who seemed like a very nice guy) who was visiting on the Quest. From talking with him, he seemed quite pleased with the NF (and proclaimed that it cost retail $47)...

No way. In the US, NF brut sells for around US$30 or less. In France, I've seen it on sale for under 20 euros, but mostly in the low to mid-20e range.

For those of us new to cruising:

Are the premium drinks package (e.g. gold package) give access to a 'range' of bottles that you can choose from which you can drink as many as you like. Or access to a range of bottles that you choose from a finite number and only receive a set number of bottles.

Hope that makes sense.

Just looked online for the NF blue label. £30. I wouldn't pay half that for it. There are much better champagnes available for much less. It is very telling that the house champagne on low budget UK flights is the same. Mass produced and usually not very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those of us new to cruising:

Are the premium drinks package (e.g. gold package) give access to a 'range' of bottles that you can choose from which you can drink as many as you like. Or access to a range of bottles that you choose from a finite number and only receive a set number of bottles.

Hope that makes sense.

The latter.

Silver - 3 bottles of white and/or red from a list of 6 white and 6 red plus a dessert wine.

Gold - 6 bottles of white and/or red from a list of 10 white and 10 red plus a dessert wine.

One (different) champagne is available from the silver or gold package.

Not where I live--- best price I see is about 38 USD. I am not a fan of the NF but it could be worse. When it is very cold I find it tolerable. Agree with Margbem I can find many more to my taste for significantly less. Seabourn's problem is they need a company who produces a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not a fan of the NF but it could be worse. When it is very cold I find it tolerable.

Yes! That is the secret to being able to somehow enjoy NF. I find it makes a huge difference (i.e. better) when it's very chilled. Unfortunately, it's not normally served very chilled on SB.