Eclipse Cabin TV hook ups

aeegee

I know this is probably a silly question, but we'll be on the Eclipse in about 3 weeks and my son is asking about what can be hooked up through the TV in the cabins. I know that there use to be a way to connect devices, so I told him that I would ask. If anyone else can help too it would appreciated. I think he's looking for HDMI or other hook ups. There use to be a keyboard available, but he's also looking at what kind of plugs ins are available on the back or side of the TV. I did try to get some info from the Celebrity site, but couldn't find any.

Thank you.

I'm looking carefully and don't see a USB port. Is there one somewhere else not showing in the picture?

On our Celebrity Reflection cruise we were able to watch videos off of a USB flash drive via the Samsung TV USB port and by using a universal remote on our smart phone to select input. It worked quite well and allowed us to watch something other than "news" especially late at night. Our files were all in avi mode so I don't know if it would play mp4 files as well. Nor would it read my tablet video files.

I'm looking carefully and don't see a USB port. Is there one somewhere else not showing in the picture?

I don't recall seeing a USB port on our Eclipse stateroom TV, except for the port to the right in the photo. But that appears to be for something else.

32776679021_8591953122_b.jpg

Not all HDMI ports on the televisions are open, so it's pot luck. You can ask at Guest Relations if they are not, but there's no guarantee they will get someone to open one up.

Thank you for your response. We hope that there will be an open one on our sons TV and maybe ours, if we decide to use it. There is a question asked about a USB port. Do you recall one? Thank you.

Thank you for the clearer picture. It will help me decide what cables to bring on my Eclipse cruise coming up. I know it is hard to guess what will work but having this picture really helps.

I agree that the USB port is probably just for maintenance. I wonder if any of the cabins have newer TV's. I suspect some of them have had to be replaced over time as they would now be 7 years old.

Anyone else able to confirm anything about USB ports on the Eclipse TV's in cabins. We have great pictures, but unsure if maybe TV's were changed recently or not. Just asking.

I did find out that the new Samsung TV's have USB ports, but not sure of older ones or the ones currently on the Eclipse.

Thanks all.

Thank you for your response. We hope that there will be an open one on our sons TV and maybe ours, if we decide to use it. There is a question asked about a USB port. Do you recall one? Thank you.

I don't know, sorry, as it was a HDMI connection I was looking for at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

My experience on Eclipse last year was that I couldn't get anything to work from any HDMI port or USB port - the only one that appeared to work was the VGA cable coming from the Apple TV box. I have bought a female HDMI to male VGA cable for our next trip.

If you are talking just iPad/iPhone to TV to watch movies you can use the apple lightning to digital tv adapter with a hdmi cable. I've done it a number of times (you can YouTube it and see how it's done) a very simple connection. As a backup I also carry an hdmi to vga converter cable in case the hdmi port on tv is not activated.

• 2 weeks later...
We bring a Bluetooth speaker as the TVs don't always connect

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I only have an AirPlay speaker that's a bit heavy to take and was hoping for an easy alternative. If looks like I might have to get a Bluetooth speaker for the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums