10 day Panama Canal cruise onboard the Coral question

capecruizin

A dark suit or dark sport coat and slacks will be fine. Watch for future comments on the thread saying that you don't need either and just a button shirt with dockers will work. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the maître d' in charge of the dining room.

We did the 10 night Panama Canal cruise on the Coral in October '16. DH packed his nice navy sport jacket and wore it with gray pants on the first "formal" night and complained he felt over dressed in the dining room. Looking around the DR, I noticed quite a few men with either sport or dress shirts, some with tie, others looking far more casual that I would have anticipated. There were couples dressed in glitzy attire, posing for pictures, a few men in tux, otherwise suit or sport jackets.DH does own a tux, but lately hasn't been packing it for cruises. Gone are the days when checking three suit cases without additional charges on airplanes. Whatever makes you comfortable, but not too casual...... I draw the line at comic t-shirts at dinner formal or not.

Darcy

My travelling companion (aka wife) likes to get dressed up on formal nights. I enjoy getting into a "James Bond" white tux jacket and mixing with the crowd. We drive to the port, but I still rent a tux on board..less hassle. Just did this drill on the 10 day Coral Panama Canal turnaround last October. For what it's worth.

Do what's comfortable for you and enjoy our favorite Princess ship.

Hi all...my husband and I are headed out on the Coral on Feb 26--10 day cruise partial Panama Canal. We are wondering if he should wear a tux or a dark suit for formal nights. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

We will wave at you from the Carnival Pride. We are doing the partial transit on the same day. EM

Hubby wore dress shirt, tie and cashmere sweater. Never felt under dressed nor out of place at all. Too much space needed in suitcase for dress up and suitcases get heavy enough without them.

I'm remembering the amazing production "On the Bayou" on the Coral. Don't miss it. Seats fill fast and was only done one day ion Oct/Nov 2016 trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guest Nellsmom58

Agree with all comments so far, just to add that you would see more tuxes on holiday cruises than other times of the year. We are seeing fewer tuxes now than in the past but still see more at Christmas or New Year. Wear what makes you comfortable but still dressier than casual.

Sent from my iPad using Forums