Reserving the on-board main shows....when can we do that?

We're going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in May (Liberty of the Seas), and I've read you need to reserve your tickets for the big main show(s) -- the Ice Show and the Broadway-style show, correct??

Yet, when I go to my Cruise Planner link and select "Entertainment & Activities," the shows are not (yet) listed. We're inside the 90 days/final payment period already, but just barely....is this something that will become available closer to the cruise, or something we've missed by not booking it super early, or...???

And does anyone have a suggestion, better to do those on a port day or sea day? When do they tend to be less crowded, or do they basically fill up every time? We've only cruised once before, and that was on Carnival, and I'm learning that RCI is a bit different.... :)

Based on what I read here on CC I was expecting notification on our Liberty cruise last week (2/5) for which Ice Show performance to attend. We didn't receive anything, so we just went to the theater 25 minutes prior to showtime. Got a great seat, and as it turned out not all the seats were filled. It was definitely worth waiting for.

I kept looking for Ice Show times for our July Liberty cruise but it keeps saying check on board. Last time we were on the Liberty was for our 2011 Barcelona TA and even though we reserved our time, it got changed then due to some choppy seas it got moved again to the end of that week.

Sometimes on the smaller ships they have a table to hand out tickets for various shows during the afternoon after boarding. This is near the shore excursion desk. If so it will be mentioned in the Cruise Compass when you get onboard.