Another newbie ?

onthegogirl

It's hard to answer this question -- especially since we rarely use Oceania's air although we have on occasion. As to the number of stops, a big factor is what is your home airport. We live in NYC so we've always had non-stop flights when we use O's air. People who are not in a gateway city will have had a different experience.

I'm not sure with which airlines O has contracts. We were on SAS and BA last summer (using the premium economy upgrade). Our previous Oceania flights were long enough ago that the airlines we used could well be different by now.

If you want a business upgrade, 99% of the time you are better of booking your own. However, I can say that our PE flights in June/July on SAS and BA were quite good.

Mura

We use it, generally speaking. But we do pay the deviation fee and thus can choose our flights. Next cruise we are on American and Lufthansa. We do deviation so we can arrive the day before embarkation. Last cruise the ship arrived late at our final port ( by more than a few hours) and our flights had been rebooked by O, tix delivered to our cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They use regular scheduled carriers for the most part some exceptions apply

We pay the deviation fee & choose the flight we want & has worked out fine so far

We fly in a day or more early ..hate the stress factor that we could miss the ship or snow delay in the winter months

I agree with Toranut and Lyn about getting the deviation. That allows you to see the city in the embarkation and departure ports, plus can relieve you of anxiety if your flight is delayed. I would never fly in on the day the ship leaves, that's for sure! I've known too many people who missed the sailaway when they flew in on the day. (Not a lot, but even one or two is too many.)

Mura

Depends too on whether you fly from one of Oceania's Gateway cities, otherwise you pay an additional fee if you want to fly from one of their secondary gateways. We are in Portland, OR which is a secondary gateway. I am always able to get less expensive airfare doing it myself and the routing I want for less than the air credit, the secondary gateway fee ($99.50) and the deviation fee ($175).

Kayak is a great site to price out airfare, even if you are flying into one city and out of another.

Good luck.

Joe

It looks like the OP is in Connecticut so she can probably get to a NYC airport easily enough ... She could use a hopper from Connecticut but that probably wouldn't be worth the price ...

Jim & Stan should know!

Mura