Using RCI Credit Card Points for OBC

ricka47

We've used our RCI credit card points for discounts on both RCI and X and that works well. I want to use some for OBC this time and wonder how you can confirm that they've been applied before boarding. All I get is a confirmation that the points have been deducted along with the ship name and the date. I'll print that out and take it along just in case. Has this worked OK for anyone else?

We've used our RCI credit card points for discounts on both RCI and X and that works well. I want to use some for OBC this time and wonder how you can confirm that they've been applied before boarding. All I get is a confirmation that the points have been deducted along with the ship name and the date. I'll print that out and take it along just in case. Has this worked OK for anyone else?

Contact whoever booked your cruise and ask themto send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The OBC should show up on that document.

We just used OBC from our celebrity card on a Royal cruise Feb11-16. When we checked in, we received a piece of paper confirming that the OBC was credited to our account and that it would show up on day 2 or 3. It was nice to know that they had received it and indeed it was on our account by day 2.

I have never had a problem. i have done this 4 times in the last 2 years. I always bring the confirmation with me, but never needed it. It usually appears on the onboard account by day 2.

I'm glad you mentioned when it shows up in your account. We have never boarded and seen the credit. It pops up for us by day 2 or 3. I think it's good for folks to know that. The first couple of times I went to guest services and was told it will show up within a day or two. Now I remember and don't waste time getting in line with Guest Services to find out :cool:

Does this work differently if you have a TA? How do you get the credit? I just got my card, have not used it yet, but planning to do so to get the OBC. How far in advance do you have to request it?

No difference if you use a TA,

You use this website to redeem points: https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

You can use the website up to around 2 weeks before the cruise. After that, they suggest you call to redeem. Phone number is on the website.

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Start there. I just login to my Bank of America account from the "online redemption" link above and order my onboard credit that way. I always keep a copy just in case, but I have never had a problem. You can order the OBC in $50 increments from the site.

If you forget to put your booking number on your redemption request should you call to make sure it gets applied to your sailing?

You should be OK if you are applying the redemption to your own cruise. However, it would not hurt to call to confirm.

If you forget to put your booking number on your redemption request should you call to make sure it gets applied to your sailing?

The redemption site just asks for ship and date of sailing but not the booking number which seemed a bit odd?

Like most have said. Ours didn't show up on confirmation. I called to verify the OBC and was assured it was showing on their end and it did show up onboard 2 or 3 days after boarding.

BUT..one time I called to verify and they didn't show anything. They had to do some research and found it just floating around in cyberspace. I had my proof that it had been applied but it had actually been missed somehow.

So, call to make sure.