Dancing on the Eurodam

Pennrod

Is there dancing on the ship other than the Late Night Dancing in the Queen's Lounge? Do they dance in Billboard Onboard or BB King's? The friends we're cruising with really like to dance but 11:30 is pretty late when you have to get up early in the morning for excursions.

Edited by Pennrod

The BB King group plays in the Queens Lounge on the E-dam. They start pretty early, too, with three sets of about 45 minutes each, starting at 9:00 PM.

There is no dance floor in the Dueling Pianos area (Billboard Onboard).

The BB King group plays in the Queens Lounge on the E-dam. They start pretty early, too, with three sets of about 45 minutes each, starting at 9:00 PM.

That did not stop some folks from dancing on the Oosterdam. They were dancing between the tables. There is a lot of open space in the Billboard area.

That did not stop some folks from dancing on the Oosterdam. They were dancing between the tables. There is a lot of open space in the Billboard area.

I'm not surprised, as I've seen dancing (of sorts) in carpeted areas in other venues. That's why I phrased my answer as I did.

• 1 month later...

A follow-up question: Do they still have dancing in the Ocean Bar? This had always been our favorite venue on HAL ships.

The Ocean Bar dancing depends on which ship you are on and when it has been upgraded. There is no dance music in the K or the O Ocean Bars, only piano music. We miss it terribly and have our fingers crossed that our upcoming trip on the Amsterdam in May will still have dance music. I think this elimination in the Ocean Bar is a big mistake and have voiced my opinon many times now. :rolleyes:

A follow-up question: Do they still have dancing in the Ocean Bar? This had always been our favorite venue on HAL ships.

They did when we were on in December. The band, which is called "The Band," played several sets each night in the Ocean Bar. There were a number of people dancing on our cruise.

Another poster in another thread said that there was no dancing when they were on.

The band played its sets around the dinner times. I snapped some photos of the Ocean Bar and posted them in my Live From thread. You can see the size of the dance floor as well as the area where the band plays.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51871203&postcount=414