How quick can we get off?

miyanc

We will be on the allure 4/30. To save some money, actually about 500$ we will be flighting standby. Getting there is not a problem, actually a nice solution because it means a day early and a hotel to relax in. First flight out looks open, even second flight but as anyone knows the later the day, the more they are full.

So my question is, how quick can we get off the ship? I get customs and general issues, but as a rule if we try to exit asap what time can we get off? The airport is a stone's throw maybe an Uber or cab.

You can leave the ship as soon as it clears customs if you select to self-depart. Taking your luggage off yourself is the fastest way to depart.

When is the first flight and what time does the ship get into port per the itinerary?

I sailed on the Allure Of The Seas on November 6th,2016 and January 8th,2017. The ship arrived in Port Everglades at approximately 5:45AM and docked at 6:00AM. The ship was cleared at 6:30AM and the walk offs started to leave the ship at 6:45AM. In November we had luggage tags number 25 and we were off the ship and through customs at 9:30AM and in January we had tag number 14 and we're off by 8:30AM. If your carrying off your own luggage I would say a flight after 9:00AM shouldn't be a problem. I always stay in Florida a few days after my cruise so I'm never in a rush to get off the ship. If there's a delay at customs or the ship gets into Port Everglades late you can throw your plans out the window.

We are taking it all I to consideration and mainly I am only asking ahead to foretell possibilities. Stand by flights are a tricky game and can change at any moment. We may be about to fly direct without a hotel the night before or we may decide to stay the day after to get to the airport on Monday. I knew Port Everglades was right next door, but luggage, TSA, and standby process all take time.

We are taking it all I to consideration and mainly I am only asking ahead to foretell possibilities. Stand by flights are a tricky game and can change at any moment. We may be about to fly direct without a hotel the night before or we may decide to stay the day after to get to the airport on Monday. I knew Port Everglades was right next door, but luggage, TSA, and standby process all take time.

Helps to use the Mobile Passport app, customs lines for app users have been relatively short.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We will be on the allure 4/30. To save some money, actually about 500$ we will be flighting standby. Getting there is not a problem, actually a nice solution because it means a day early and a hotel to relax in. First flight out looks open, even second flight but as anyone knows the later the day, the more they are full.

So my question is, how quick can we get off the ship? I get customs and general issues, but as a rule if we try to exit asap what time can we get off? The airport is a stone's throw maybe an Uber or cab.

My first experience with self assist was our cruise on the Navigator Feb. 3rd. We had a 10:30am flights and read on this board that Customs in Miami was a

nightmare and concern over the flight. As a matter of fact when I checked in on-line it would not recognize the early flight and I ahd to fudge to 11.

It worked like a charm. Got clearance at 6:45, out from Customs by 7:10 and at the airport by 7:35. Got there so early that I could have stood by for a 9am flight to Newark.

Apply for Global Entry and you will by-pass the long snaking lines of Customs. There is a special line to the right of the terminal for those with GE. GE is a combination TSA/Customs.

My suggestion is to be on Deck 5 ready to exit with your luggage and in the line no later than 5:15 a.m. You'll wait about 45 min to an hour if everything is on time. We did this, and we were the third ones off the ship. Please make sure you only have one bag each and maybe a carryon on your shoulder...you need a free hand for the escalator, or they make you take an elevator and that means time. There will be plenty of cabs available when you exit. We were at the gate at 6:45 a.m. and made an 8:15 flight. We have done this a few times and know things can be delayed, but the odds are in your favor. This is NOT guaranteed, but it works most of the time. Good luck, and don't worry. Many have done it, and if it doesn't work you have one extra day of vacation.

My suggestion is to be on Deck 5 ready to exit with your luggage and in the line no later than 5:15 a.m. You'll wait about 45 min to an hour if everything is on time. We did this, and we were the third ones off the ship. Please make sure you only have one bag each and maybe a carryon on your shoulder...you need a free hand for the escalator, or they make you take an elevator and that means time. There will be plenty of cabs available when you exit. We were at the gate at 6:45 a.m. and made an 8:15 flight. We have done this a few times and know things can be delayed, but the odds are in your favor. This is NOT guaranteed, but it works most of the time. Good luck, and don't worry. Many have done it, and if it doesn't work you have one extra day of vacation.
ty, we are used to needing to be ahead of things. That's why we usually drive.

I think I just get the cards. The mobile passport app seems like another reason besides not carrying my birth cert

I strongly recommend getting the book. While it's a little more expensive, it's way more flexible. The cards can't be used for international air travel at all, and can only be used if entering by land or sea to the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. If you think there's any chance that you're going to go further out in the next 10 years, or take an international flight, get the book.

So the passport card doesn't work with the app?

I don't think it does. It works by scanning your passport- I don't know if it takes the card or not. But considering that the mobile app is only accepted at one seaport and the other locations are airports, I'm thinking not.

I strongly recommend getting the book. While it's a little more expensive, it's way more flexible. The cards can't be used for international air travel at all, and can only be used if entering by land or sea to the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. If you think there's any chance that you're going to go further out in the next 10 years, or take an international flight, get the book.

I get it, but I can't see us flying or going more international in any situation. If a situation arises, we can afford to get passports then. I just figured the card would make traveling without my actual birth certificate and such also if I could use it with the app to speed up the customs or tsa process it would be worth the $30. In further review its 30$ plus some stupid $25 fee and the book is $195. That's $390 for the both of us. That's probably going to be more then we may spend on the cruise. Especially if we prepay for soda/internet/dining/coffee/spa. At this point I may not even go with the $110 for 2 cards.

I get it, the better/safer option is the book. We should have done it years ago for all members of the family.

I get it, the better/safer option is the book. We should have done it years ago for all members of the family.

The difference in cost is an understandable reason to go with the card. Right now, the State Dept. is posting a six-week processing time for passports/cards. If you can do the application this week, you'll have almost 9 weeks to get the applications processed, so I don't think you'd have to shell out the extra $30 for the expedited fee. In my experience, the actual processing time has been less than what the State Dept. said it would take.