Drink Package

bucky0926

I bought the drink package (one with cocktails) for hubbie. I did not purchase one for myself. A friend who sails RCI often said they will not allow only one person to purchase it, that everyone in the cabin who is of age must purchase it. I had no problem checking out for just one but he said they will charge it when I get to the ship. Is this true? If it is then we want to decline the package and get a refund as I rarely drink. If you RCI cruisers could help me out here I would appreciate it as we sail April 2nd and I really don't want OBC. Thanks

I bought the drink package (one with cocktails) for hubbie. I did not purchase one for myself. A friend who sails RCI often said they will not allow only one person to purchase it, that everyone in the cabin who is of age must purchase it. I had no problem checking out for just one but he said they will charge it when I get to the ship. Is this true? If it is then we want to decline the package and get a refund as I rarely drink. If you RCI cruisers could help me out here I would appreciate it as we sail April 2nd and I really don't want OBC. Thanks

You can purchase it for only one of you. Some cruise lines require all adults in a room to have it but not Royal. We cruised in December and multiple people in our group had it when their significant other/roommate didn't.

Here is a link to the FAQ confirming what I said, I hope the link works: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5805

Just to confirm. the previous poster is right. Royal does not require all adult occupants in the same room to get the package. Other cruise lines do but not Royal.

EDIT: Oops. Just seen the link to the FAQ. There is all the proof you need.:)

Have a nice cruise

dp

You can purchase it for only one of you. Some cruise lines require all adults in a room to have it but not Royal. We cruised in December and multiple people in our group had it when their significant other/roommate didn't.

Here is a link to the FAQ confirming what I said, I hope the link works: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5805

Thank you. The link worked fine.

You friend may have sailed often but not lately. For about the last 2 years (at least) you could buy individual packages.

He has sailed at least 5 times in the last 2 years but I'm guessing he never bothered to inquire and was just using his old set of rules.

You friend may have sailed often but not lately. For about the last 2 years (at least) you could buy individual packages.

I believe they changed the policy sometime in 2014.I remember in 2013 making up a story so I could purchase it for DW and not for myself but there was no need to fabricate a story in 2014

I just got off Liberty last Sunday. My significant other had the Deluxe drink package and I had none. No problems. I brought two bottles of wine for myself to drink with dinner and my head waiter kept the bottles for me. I also put a case of sparkling water in a bag and it was delivered to our room.

I am new to cruising and these packages. Does the same "one-only-can-buy" option apply for the refreshment package, too - the non-alcoholic one?

My DH drinks water only so I am not thinking for him.

I will rink H2O mostly all day too (bring our own or ship's).

I want the smoothies/protein shakes in the Solarium bar ($7.50 each), plus a few coffees.

We will eat in specialty restaurants at least 3x - and the coffee is covered in that - yes or no?

Was also going to bring a bottle of wine so I can have a glass with dinner...(I understand that's allowed).

I am waiting for the $18/day price (not the $26)... Sail on April 2 - do you think it will drop or have I missed that window?

Thank you for the information :)

I am new to cruising and these packages. Does the same "one-only-can-buy" option apply for the refreshment package, too - the non-alcoholic one? Yes.

My DH drinks water only so I am not thinking for him.

I will rink H2O mostly all day too (bring our own or ship's).

I want the smoothies/protein shakes in the Solarium bar ($7.50 each), plus a few coffees.

We will eat in specialty restaurants at least 3x - and the coffee is covered in that - yes or no? Yes.

Was also going to bring a bottle of wine so I can have a glass with dinner...(I understand that's allowed).

I am waiting for the $18/day price (not the $26)... Sail on April 2 - do you think it will drop or have I missed that window? Unpredictable.

Thank you for the information :)

See answers in RED above.

Thank you for the quick reply. I just read on another thread that smoothies with protein are not included in the packages. On Anthem, Solarium bar serves smoothies with and without protein, priced $7.50. If they are the same price, why would they exclude the protein shakes? Does any one know for sure as there seem to be two answers circulating the threads.

Thanx!

Thank you for the quick reply. I just read on another thread that smoothies with protein are not included in the packages. On Anthem, Solarium bar serves smoothies with and without protein, priced $7.50. If they are the same price, why would they exclude the protein shakes? Does any one know for sure as there seem to be two answers circulating the threads.

Thanx!

Unfortunately, the only way you will know for sure is to ask on your particular cruise. These kinds of details can vary cruise to cruise.