Coral Princess Questions

jez1967

I am scheduled to sail Southbound in Alaska on the Coral in August 2017. I am sailing solo so I have booked an obstructed view cabin to save some money for excursions. The other itineraries I considered were on HAL with a balcony including a roundtrip from Seattle, Vancouver, and a Northbound route. These are all considerably more expensive and none of them get to as many great ports including Glacier Bay and Hubbard on the Coral.

I understand there are lots of great public viewing spaces on the Coral. Are the aft viewing areas covered so I can sit out there if the weather is really wet? Do the lights on the promenade deck stay on all night long or do they ever get shut off for night viewing? Are there lots of viewing areas where there is not the blue tinted plexiglass that is on many of the railings on other Princess ships I have sailed on? If I stick with the Coral I am going to need to use these spaces as my balcony and am wondering what people's thoughts are about these public viewing areas. Thank you all very much for your thoughts...

The promenade deck is covered and open...no glass to look through so that is a great option. Lots of chairs on this deck too. Also on Caribe deck has the aft area open. Not many seats but you can see both sides and rear of course and still hear the naturalist announcements when in Glacier Bay etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TW6cruiser gave excellent information. We sailed Alaska on the Coral and feel that you made a great choice. Their naturalist, Mark Harris, was so informative. We went to all of his presentations and thoroughly enjoyed his commentary from the bridge. Based on our experience in the Coral we have booked our Panama Canal on her.

The Aft decks have some covering and are an awesome place to view. The Caribe deck is the best. However I don't remember seating. We stood most of the time and went side to side to see things. They have speakers there to hear the naturalist. We had a mini suite and rarely used the balcony.

The glassed in area around the Lotus Pool is great and has well-padded loungers. Seems like not too many folks know about this area (at least on our B2B in September). You can wear shorts and step outside to take pictures. And the Scoops ice cream bar is in there as well.

I am scheduled to sail Southbound in Alaska on the Coral in August 2017. I am sailing solo so I have booked an obstructed view cabin to save some money for excursions. The other itineraries I considered were on HAL with a balcony including a roundtrip from Seattle, Vancouver, and a Northbound route. These are all considerably more expensive and none of them get to as many great ports including Glacier Bay and Hubbard on the Coral.

I understand there are lots of great public viewing spaces on the Coral. Are the aft viewing areas covered so I can sit out there if the weather is really wet? Do the lights on the promenade deck stay on all night long or do they ever get shut off for night viewing? Are there lots of viewing areas where there is not the blue tinted plexiglass that is on many of the railings on other Princess ships I have sailed on? If I stick with the Coral I am going to need to use these spaces as my balcony and am wondering what people's thoughts are about these public viewing areas. Thank you all very much for your thoughts...

The aft decks for the most part have cover as seen in the photo.

The lights on Promenade deck are on all night.

Remember in Alaska it may stay light out very late at night anyway.

Even in the dark there is not much to view.

here is a site for obstructed view cabin photos.

https://sites.google.com/site/coralislandprincess/home

photo-e.jpg

here is a site for obstructed view cabin photos.

https://sites.google.com/site/coralislandprincess/home

photo-e.jpg

How easy is it for a befuddled old lady to find the doors that go out on the bow and stern for viewing on Caribe deck on Coral?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How easy is it for a befuddled old lady to find the doors that go out on the bow and stern for viewing on Caribe deck on Coral?

As you can see from the picture, there are aft viewing areas from Baja, Caribe, Dolphin, and Emerald decks. There are no actual aft balconies, so that viewing area becomes a public area, but is not heavily trafficked (from my understanding). It shouldn't be too hard to find. Just go to any of those decks, and make your way to the rear of the ship.