Vow renewal - Crown Princess

plumduff68

We are on Crown Princess on 2 Sept 17 (Southampton to NYC).

We leave a week after our 10th wedding anniversary so I am trying to persuade DH to have a vow renewal ceremony. Just the basic package.

Has anyone done this - what did you think?

(It might be just another excuse to buy a new frock:confused:)

Thanks

We are doing our 20th in 2020 when we sail Alaska I have read another thread on here that it is nice. You are alone and you can customize the basic to an extent of music, walking down the aisle, guests, etc. You still get pics, and a certificate. Posts I read said that some get all dressed up some don't it is entirely up to you. Once on board someone comes to your cabin to set up all the details and time. Also heard you don't have to do it in the chapel...perhaps on deck if not already busy with something else. I cant find the thread but they also posted this price sheet for pics. if you search the princess threads you should be able to find the other thread.

• 3 months later...
We are doing our 20th in 2020 when we sail Alaska I have read another thread on here that it is nice. You are alone and you can customize the basic to an extent of music, walking down the aisle, guests, etc. You still get pics, and a certificate. Posts I read said that some get all dressed up some don't it is entirely up to you. Once on board someone comes to your cabin to set up all the details and time. Also heard you don't have to do it in the chapel...perhaps on deck if not already busy with something else. I cant find the thread but they also posted this price sheet for pics. if you search the princess threads you should be able to find the other thread.

Hi, we are having one on Crown Princess to Norway this July 22nd. Already booked months ago and elected to do it on a sea day (July 23rd). But I do not know how and where you can discuss with the coordinator about timing, photography etc? When can you customise all these? Before the cruise, or after you board? I am very excited but very nervous as we have never done it before!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi, we are having one on Crown Princess to Norway this July 22nd. Already booked months ago and elected to do it on a sea day (July 23rd). But I do not know how and where you can discuss with the coordinator about timing, photography etc? When can you customise all these? Before the cruise, or after you board? I am very excited but very nervous as we have never done it before!

Thanks!

When you embark, there will be an envelope in your cabin with all the timing details, a questionnaire and person to contact to go over the details with. We did a trial run ROV this past January on the Ruby, before deciding to do a larger group with more family and friends for our upcoming 25th next year. I wrote up a review in the Wedding/Renewal section of Cruise Critic with lots of details and photos. Overall, it was an excellent value. I do wish they offered some pre-cruise consult time, but they only do that for weddings, not renewals. Happy to answer any questions about my experience.

From a Cheapskate...

Our children know I hate spending money, but the wedding vow renewal for our 50th anniversary was the best money I ever spent on a cruise. We had all our children and grand-children with us...a beautiful time for all. Looking forward to doing it again on our 55th.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did ROV on Ruby for our 25th a few years ago. As others have mentioned it was very nicely handled by Princess. We scheduled it for our actual Anniversary day which turned out to be the third sea day. We were alone on the cruise and had planned for it to be just the two of us but we met two very nice couples at our Traditional dining table the first night and invited them. The Captain officiated. We recommend it!

Entry.jpg.a5f110f560fc8fe64f661bfc4cdf1b26.jpg

Vows.jpg.24ac6834d1131ecefee75c8372954bdf.jpg

Did a Renewal of Vows on Golden for 5th, Golden to Hawaii for 10th, Emerald for 15th and will be doing it again on the Caribbean through the Panama Canal. Still waiting for her to say "Not this time" ;p Seriously, its done quite well and they accommodate most requests, I was able to sing "Hawaiian Wedding Song" to my bride during our Hawaiian cruise ROV. Do it at least once, heck do it 4 times!!