Harmony of the Seas: 150 Central Park or Chops

Hi! We are cruising on the Harmony of the Seas in a few weeks and purchased the BOGO dining package. There are 4 of us; myself and my husband, and our two boys (9 and 11). I am looking for some feedback and advice on which restaurant to choose. I think we would like to do Jamie Olivers and one of these two (I thought not both, since these seem similar to me), unless you all recommend otherwise!

Love to hear your thoughts!

We just got off the Harmony yesterday morning and we ate at both Chops and 150 CP. Hands down, 150 CP was the better meal. The atmosphere in Chops is much more chaotic and the food was much better in 150 CP. If you are a beef eater, get the 18oz Beef Tenderloin for two that is carved tableside at 150 CP. It was amazingly delicious!!! Have fun!!

This is a very very subjective question to ask, as people's food preferences vary so wildly you can't even tell if two cruisers were even on the same cruise let alone cruise ship! You will get 5 more different answers after mine.

On my sailing, Jamie's was a real let down if you enjoy Italian venues at home, and it definitely was not even close to comparable to actual Jamie's on land in the uk.... however Jamie's I feel is a very safe bet for your kids (think Olive Garden). 150 CP was also a let down for me, great presentation but the food was just blah. For me, Chops was excellent in all regards... twice... so it wasn't a fluke. I think your kids will do much much better with the menu in Chops rather than CP 150 but I could be wrong as I do not have children... just trying to put myself in your shoes.

This is a very very subjective question to ask, as people's food preferences vary so wildly you can't even tell if two cruisers were even on the same cruise let alone cruise ship! You will get 5 more different answers after mine.

On my sailing, Jamie's was a real let down if you enjoy Italian venues at home, and it definitely was not even close to comparable to actual Jamie's on land in the uk.... however Jamie's I feel is a very safe bet for your kids (think Olive Garden). 150 CP was also a let down for me, great presentation but the food was just blah. For me, Chops was excellent in all regards... twice... so it wasn't a fluke. I think your kids will do much much better with the menu in Chops rather than CP 150 but I could be wrong as I do not have children... just trying to put myself in your shoes.

. Thanks! I have been leaning more towards Chops for the very reason you cited - the boys. I appreciate your reply! And I know I'll get a wide variety of answers but I also like to hear different perspectives so that's ok!! Ultimately I need to make the call but am genuinely curious about others experiences!

We just got off the Harmony yesterday morning and we ate at both Chops and 150 CP. Hands down, 150 CP was the better meal. The atmosphere in Chops is much more chaotic and the food was much better in 150 CP. If you are a beef eater, get the 18oz Beef Tenderloin for two that is carved tableside at 150 CP. It was amazingly delicious!!! Have fun!!
Thanks!! We all are beef eaters and love a good (rare to med-rare) filet!! Decisions decisions!!

. Thanks! I have been leaning more towards Chops for the very reason you cited - the boys. I appreciate your reply! And I know I'll get a wide variety of answers but I also like to hear different perspectives so that's ok!! Ultimately I need to make the call but am genuinely curious about others experiences!

Just to give you an idea, here's my Harmony CP150 pictures and review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52109585&highlight=chops#post52109585

Jamie's

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52044801&highlight=jamie%27s#post52044801

Chop's

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52156978&highlight=chops#post52156978

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52055647&highlight=chops#post52055647

There are other CC'ers picture reviews if you search for them here on CC, For example Trainman's current review has Chops with kids:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52331756&highlight=chops#post52331756

I agree with rclibertygirl5 and Hoopster95. We ate in specialty restaurants 6 of the 7 nights: two nights at Chops, two nights at 150 CP, one night in Wonderland and one night in Jamie's. We are steak lovers, first and foremost, although we appreciate good seafood too. As rclibertygirl5 said, the best meal we had was the tenderloin for two in 150 CP; it was the best steak we've had on a cruise ship.

The atmosphere in Chops is much more chaotic and the food was much better in 150 CP. If you are a beef eater, get the 18oz Beef Tenderloin for two that is carved tableside at 150 CP. It was amazingly delicious!!!

150 CP also had a fantastic "mahogany cod" entree (I think that was the name) -- melted in your mouth. The scallops were very good. The short rib entree was very good, but not quite as special. We enjoyed Chops as well, especially our first time since our first waiter was better than our second. FWIW, we think the filets in Chops are dramatically better than the NY Strip. Chops is a little "busier" feeling; 150 CP felt like a leisurely meal, even though I'm not sure it took any longer than Chops. It definitely feels more "adult." You know your kids best, but 150 CP might be a good way to introduce your kids to finer dining.

And we agree with Hoopster95 about Jamie's; if I were you, I would avoid Jamie's. We thought everything about it was subpar. We've had lots of Italian meals in local restaurants that were better -- in atmosphere, food and service. Yes, their pasta is fresh, but we were unimpressed with the menu in general and the quality of the entrees we ordered. I don't think it was worth an upcharge at all. I admit it is more kid friendly, but so is the MDR. For an upcharge, do one of the other restaurants.

It has been our experience that the specialty restaurants are less busy in the first half of the cruise; the last night was the busiest.

We did have a great meal and server (thanks Insham!) at Wonderland, but it is not the best place for your average kid -- not because of the atmosphere, but because the food is much more of an adventure. I think older teens would appreciate the concept and be fine, but younger kids probably would not get much out of it.

Agree 110% here. We ate at Chops and it was actually my least favorite meal of the entire ship. The steak I could've made myself. 150 CP was positiveliy amazing, everyone raved about it, the food between chicken, fish, and steak was to die for. 150 Central Park: Book it.

Try Wonderland!

The food was excellent and totally unexpected!

It was the best and most fun specialty restaurant meal we have ever had on an RCI Ship!

To each his own. I absolutely HATED Wonderland. It's nice that we all like something different, I guess.

We started with a table of 6 and by the time the meal was finished, there were only 2 left. The rest bailed. It was a -0- cost meal for everyone as we were all Star Class so I didn't feel too bad about going there and hating the meal. If I had gone and had to pay for that I would have been VERY unhappy.

I agree with you about the fun...and the service was excellent. The food was just to weird for us...

Actually ate at all 3 restaurants a couple of weeks ago on Harmony. Out of those 3, Chops was the favorite of everyone in our party. Jamie's was good.....but nothing outstanding. We were all a little disappointed in 150, maybe we had too high of expectations for there.

Also agree about trying Wonderland. We were a little concerned ahead of time, but absolutely loved it!!! Excellent service, and very good food.