Pearl Alaska May 17 Dining Booking Help, Please

Our 90-day dinner reservations open tomorrow. I am assuming that only restaurant seating is available at 90 days. We have our specialty restaurants and days figured out. Regarding the times, is there a good time to book that complements the evening shows? My assumption is that we cannot reserve seats for shows because the smaller ships tend to have review-type shows on a first come basis - is that accurate? We don't want to conflict ourselves with times or have to hurry up dinner to make a show.

PS - when is sun down in Alaska in late May? We have a departure scheduled for midnight. Should we expect complete darkness?

Thanks!

Most of the shows in the theatre are at 7:30 P.M. and 9:30 P.M. Same show done twice. Theatre doors open 30 minutes prior to the show. No reservations needed. Your Freestyle Daily will tell you what each evenings entertainment will be and at what time.

If I remember correctly the sun will set about 10:00 or so.

Our 90-day dinner reservations open tomorrow. I am assuming that only restaurant seating is available at 90 days. We have our specialty restaurants and days figured out. Regarding the times, is there a good time to book that complements the evening shows? My assumption is that we cannot reserve seats for shows because the smaller ships tend to have review-type shows on a first come basis - is that accurate? We don't want to conflict ourselves with times or have to hurry up dinner to make a show.

PS - when is sun down in Alaska in late May? We have a departure scheduled for midnight. Should we expect complete darkness?

Thanks!

We like to book earlier- around 6, which gives us lots of time to enjoy all the evening entertainment! :) If you cannot find a time you like online your NCL PCC can reserve it for you over the phone. :)

Thanks!

My husband is from Anchorage and we have been there many times. Since your 90 days is tomorrow I'm assuming your cruise is the end of May. I have been to Anchorage the end of May and we have been out driving around at 11:30-midnight and it was dusk outside, I just looked at a pic of a moose that I took at 11:40pm and it was still early dusk. So, depending where in Alaska you are that will give you an idea of when it gets dark. Every night it will get a little later.

The title of your question is a bit confusing to me. "May 17 Dining Booking Help, Please" We are on the May 14-21 Pearl cruise to Alaska and our booking window opened days ago. Not sure which cruise you're talking about.

Thanks!

Late May sunset will be around 11:00 p.m., with sunrise around 4:00 a.m. It will never get completely dark.

That puzzled me too, but I bet he meant May 2017 rather than the 17th day of May.

Bingo! We are on May 28, 2017. I booked on the first available day - Feb 27th. We had two dinners (Cagneys and Moderno) for six people and the only times available were 6 PM and 9 PM so the choice was easy to make. When I booked a dinner (Le Bistro) for two people there were many options that night at 30 minute increments.

I like to book early because of seeing people trying to book on the cruise and not being able to get a table on certain nights.