Divina room service

KCTC

We just booked the Fantastica category for a 11 night. I am confused re: the room service cost. Is it free only for breakfast? Is there a charge to have lunch or is it just the delivery fees that are free? Thanks in advance for anyone's info. Very excited about our first MSC cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

I am confused with the room service as well. We are booked in the Aurea Suites and haven't been able to figure out if we have to pay for delivery or not... and if so, when we have to pay. :confused:

When we cruised with Disney our room service was free and we tipped for delivery. So just not sure for Divina.

When we cruised with Disney our room service was free and we tipped for delivery. So just not sure for Divina.

We are also used to free room service and tipping on delivery, unless it is the butler delivering it. I am hopeful that on the Divina they would not charge a suite guest for food service, but still waiting on someone to confirm.

We just booked the Fantastica category for a 11 night. I am confused re: the room service cost. Is it free only for breakfast? Is there a charge to have lunch or is it just the delivery fees that are free? Thanks in advance for anyone's info. Very excited about our first MSC cruise.

yes, its free .

When I was in fantastica last year, delivery was free, but you had to pay for food items (with the exception of continental breakfast food items which were free in the morning).

I believe I put photos of the prices and menu in my live review posted somewhere here. They were reasonably priced. For example, Off the top of my head, the pizza ran $8-13 depending on selection.

Continental breakfast food ANd delivery was free which was nice for morning coffee. Basically, my understanding is that fantastica experience waves the delivery charge only.

Of course, In yc, all room service items including pizza were complimentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any eggs and breakfast meat available for the free room service breakfast delivery?

No. Cold items only (yogurt, fruit, Danish). The traditional continental breakfast items were complimentary, hot items were charged additional on a per item basis during breakfast too.

It is confusing. Best way I can explain it is to think of Fantastica experience as waving delivery fee only, you still pay for each item. For me, the only real benefit was being able to have coffee delivered each morning since MSC doesn't supply coffee pots in any category.

No. Cold items only (yogurt, fruit, Danish). The traditional continental breakfast items were complimentary, hot items were charged additional on a per item basis during breakfast too.

It is confusing. Best way I can explain it is to think of Fantastica experience as waving delivery fee only, you still pay for each item. For me, the only real benefit was being able to have coffee delivered each morning since MSC doesn't supply coffee pots in any category.

That's very disappointing. The PVC described "Breakfast in Bed" which is somewhat misleading. Breakfast to me is a meal not a snack. Thanks for the information

All I can say is on our 1st. Morning we just got coffee and fruit and there was no charge. Yet we always tip the person delivering it. However they never... came back the other 6 days! And we had our room service tag on our door every night by 9:30pm. So don't expect great service.

We were in the Yacht Club on the Divinia a couple of years ago. There was no charge for rom service at that level, BUT food selections were way too limited. That being said, our experience in the Divinia YC was otherwise on par with a cruise on a true lux line, at a much lower cost. Thus, I can easily forgive the limited room service, and will take a MSC YC cruise again.

That's very disappointing. The PVC described "Breakfast in Bed" which is somewhat misleading. Breakfast to me is a meal not a snack. Thanks for the information

My Info was from last year before dry dock. They did make some changes, so hopefully the "breakfast in bed" option is really available :). Please report back to help us clear up the muddy waters.

MSC does do many things right, but this is a budget line and it shows in some of the details. I think a key to enjoying diving is adjusted expectations. Wishing you an outstanding cruise.

I guess I'm heading to the buffet in the mornings. But, forgive me but the definitions of "continental breakfast" varies. Are we talking coffee and doughnuts? Or, a little more elaborate, like yogurt, cereal, and milk? Any fruit? Breakfast is my 6 yr old's best meal of the day thus all the questions. She loves eggs and sausage, so that's ideal for us. Again, looks like the buffet for breakfast it seems.

When I was in fantastica last year, delivery was free, but you had to pay for food items (with the exception of continental breakfast food items which were free in the morning).

I believe I put photos of the prices and menu in my live review posted somewhere here. They were reasonably priced. For example, Off the top of my head, the pizza ran $8-13 depending on selection.

Continental breakfast food ANd delivery was free which was nice for morning coffee. Basically, my understanding is that fantastica experience waves the delivery charge only.

Of course, In yc, all room service items including pizza were complimentary.

When did you cruised? :confused: We had room service absolutely free in Dec-2016 . I know they have charge for Pizza because its from restaurant but all other items are free . We had sandwiches,soup,even panacota for desert .

Continental breakfast was complimentary. And they had a new item of a breakfast muffin which I think was around $3 extra.

When did you cruised? :confused: We had room service absolutely free in Dec-2016 . I know they have charge for Pizza because its from restaurant but all other items are free . We had sandwiches,soup,even panacota for desert .

Typical MSC lack of consistency. If I'm not mistaken, Nikki and Goldenbonny sailed on the exact same cruise yet are reporting two different experiences. I see this theme of inconsistency reported pretty regularly with MSC, so it is challengiing for those of us on the boards trying to help.

I sailed in April of 2016 and again in YC in June of 2016 so my information is oldest, but 'relaxed at sea' is the person who sailed the most recent, and he/she is also reporting a room service charge :(.

Maybe everyone can report back in this thread and we can solve the mystery of room service on MSC. It really shouldn't be this difficult :(.

To make things even more confusing, I contacted MSC this morning and they said that I should be able to order eggs and breakfast meat for free and have it delivered for free in the Fantastica experience. I am not holding my breath on that. The customer service is questionable at best.

No only the muffin had a price. And that wasn't on the room service menu last April (we cruised just after you Bermuda).

The rest of the continental breakfast was free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No only the muffin had a price. And that wasn't on the room service menu last April (we cruised just after you Bermuda).

The rest of the continental breakfast was free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nikki, I think you and I are stating the same thing. We both experienced continental breakfast free, but non-continental breakfast items a charge. Goldenbunny is claiming there isn't a charge for anything and the room service is entirely free (no service charge or per item charge). Neither you, nor I, experienced 100% free room service (unless I'm not understanding, which is totally possible).

To make things even more confusing, I contacted MSC this morning and they said that I should be able to order eggs and breakfast meat for free and have it delivered for free in the Fantastica experience. I am not holding my breath on that. The customer service is questionable at best.

::::bangs head on table:::::: ............ I wouldn't hold my breath either, after all poor TORQ couldn't get anything delivered even after ordering :(. MSC needs to introduce their right hand to the left. All lines experience some miscommunication, but I think MSC's is exasperated due to multiple languages off shore. Although, maybe they are understaffed and this is one of the areas that must be cut to offer budget prices? I've mentioned keeping expectations low right? lol.

I'm curious now how it all pans out for you Reds, so please come back and revisit this thread. ,

It's my understanding that it's free up until 11:00 pm. It's also nice to give a delivery tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's my understanding that it's free up until 11:00 pm. It's also nice to give a delivery tip.

Which do you believe to be free frenchm??? The Delivery items or the actual food items? MSC has both a delivery fee and an food item fee.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Which do you believe to be free frenchm??? The Delivery items or the actual food items? MSC has both a delivery fee and an food item fee.

This is a quote from my MSC rep:

For fantasica cabins delivery is free between 6am and 11pm. Bella cabins always pay the $3.95 delivery fee.