On Escape NOW....requests?

kpwhalen830

sailing on Escape this week. Any requests? I will do my best to get back on and answer requests.

First time on NCL. Service is not as good as RCCL but better than Carnival. Food is better than any other cruise I have been on. Food republic was awesome! Had pork belly, shrimp sushi, fish tacos and lobster rolls.

Atmosphere is great! Very energetic and fun. Party ship for sure.

FYI I'm 35 and my wife is 30. Cruising with a group of 12.

I am bored waiting on my wife so I will post some observations.

The pool deck area has people packed in there like sardines and it is a touch too loud for me. We have spent the past 2 days in spice which has been awesome! A little crowded but you have room. The wait for drinks at the bar can be long, really long. We tipped one of the waiters well yesterday and now he is bringing us drinks when he sees that we need one. Fernando from Columbia, Awesome!

We are at Cagney's last night, sat outside. It was great.

Food republic? Not sure I heard of that eatery. What and where is that? I am sailing 4/22/17, I am also confused, is Spice an adult only pool for during the day? What is this Vibe place where they sell passes to go to, a different pool? Thanks for posting!

Sure, if you are bored and need something to do… Could you possibly scope out this item in the shops on board and see what you can find out for me? It is a pearl necklace and earring set. It was gifted to us on the ship last fall, and we are donating it in a silent auction for charity, so I need an approximate value on it. I will try to post a photo… But it comes in a green shiny box, Columbian emeralds is the brand, and it has a gold clasp around a pearl, and then a string of pearls and two studed pearl earrings.

IMG_3729.jpg.28a2833ba3f6e875ffa8911581282fa4.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg.43c744db93fb5ecdd28c496a5319d96a.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg.0feaf978d13ea26eaadb1d0ceeee1f88.jpg

We are in 14720. Room was a bit dirty and our steward isn't the best. Still better than being at home.

The ship is rocking a lot but that doesn't bother me.

Ropes course was closed today from wind, I am not sure about the lines.

We did water slides yesterday, they were fun.

Doug I'm wishing beau was here this week, I was really looking forward to him after your review.

Can you let me know who the bartenders are at shakers? Is it Jim and Rachel and will they be there in May? If so, great bartenders

Who is entertainment in Fat Cats? And will they be there in May too?

Thanks, enjoy your trip

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Food republic? Not sure I heard of that eatery. What and where is that? I am sailing 4/22/17, I am also confused, is Spice an adult only pool for during the day? What is this Vibe place where they sell passes to go to, a different pool? Thanks for posting!

Spice H2O is adult only during the day. Neither vibe or spice have a pool but spice has a water feature to cool down in.

Food republic is a fee restaurant not included in the dinning perk if you have it. Just google deck plans to find its location.

Doug I'm wishing beau was here this week, I was really looking forward to him after your review.

How is the late night entertainment in the DBH? Lively crowd?

I thought I had read somewhere that Beau was on the Getaway recently - but not sure.

We were in 142272 2 weeks ago. God how I miss the ship lol.

Please if you see Nathaniel in H2o spice tell him the rowdy Boston group misses him!!!! lol I never understood why people would ask someone to say hi to a staff member. Until we cruised!!!! Ohhhh how that man took care of all of us. He truly made our entire trip! Never even had to ask for a drink, was there before glasses were empty no matter the time or day, even during the 80's party he found us. I think our group will have put his first born thru college but he was worth every single tip and then some!

Doug, the late night entertainment is ok at DBH. I was hoping for a more lively crowd but it's not bad.

InSpice We tipped Fernando $5 2 times on Sunday and did the same yesterday.

The food La Cucina last night was 5 out of 10. Service was 8 out of 10.

Going to Coki beach today in St. Thomas.

If Yummy (don't know his real name - from Philippines) is still at the 5 o'clock somewhere bar on the waterfront, please say hi from Dave and Tina from Canada! We sailed on the Escape on the second sailing out of Miami in 2015, had a fantastic time...spent most of our time at this bar and were treated awesome!

Never cruised NCL' date=' cruising Escape in October. I see prices on speciality restaurants menus, how doe that work since theres a fee to dine there.

Thank You !![/quote']

If your booking perk included a specialty dining plan on three nights, or if you purchased a dining plan, then you can ignore the a la carte pricing shown on the menus for Cagney's, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, Moderno, and La Cucina; those restaurants are all included as part of the specialty dining packages.

There remains an up charge on Bayamo even if you do have a specialty dining plan, and furthermore Food Republic is excluded from specialty dining altogether.

If you have no specialty dining package purchased, you would pay the a la carte prices shown on the menu for your meal.