Haven requests

cruzinnh

Ya know, after all my Haven experiences.....I would have answered that the exact same way except that on the Epic a few weeks ago (2/4/17) there was not a gummy bear or M&M in site....ANYWHERE! Not in our cabin....not in the Courtyard and when we asked the Concierge he has NO idea what we were talking about! :confused:

Maybe they don't offer them any more???

No say it isn't so. I hope they find the way back to my little bowl in July when we go on the Epic. :eek:

No say it isn't so. I hope they find the way back to my little bowl in July when we go on the Epic. :eek:

This is important to find out... lol DH loves gummy bears; so if they don't have them I'll just bring a bag. Probably the safest thing to do just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is important to find out... lol DH loves gummy bears; so if they don't have them I'll just bring a bag. Probably the safest thing to do just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were definitely surprised that they were "missing"!! :o

I hope you will be able to keep the surprise but it is still a surprise no matter when your partner finds out. Perhaps a casual, "oh just leave the NCl mail until I get home and I will take care of it";). I hope you both have a wonderful time enjoying the Haven. Trust me once you start you will soon find yourself always wanting to book a cabin in them. We are seniors so we keep saying this is our last time. LOL

Well, a week after they supposedly mailed documents and they have not arrived. I'll be gone starting Monday for work so of course they'll likely show up now that I can't intercept them. :mad: I'm trying to decide if I should say "if mail from NCL comes, do not open it!" Or leave it alone and hope for the best. We leave a week from Monday.

Does anyone know if travel documents show up with both travelers names on them or just the primary contact? In my case, I made all the arrangements and am listed as "traveller 1" and he is traveller 2.

Well, a week after they supposedly mailed documents and they have not arrived. I'll be gone starting Monday for work so of course they'll likely show up now that I can't intercept them. :mad: I'm trying to decide if I should say "if mail from NCL comes, do not open it!" Or leave it alone and hope for the best. We leave a week from Monday.

Does anyone know if travel documents show up with both travelers names on them or just the primary contact? In my case, I made all the arrangements and am listed as "traveller 1" and he is traveller 2.

I jsut got my Haven luggage tags today and it was addressed to the primary traveler only

I'd love to....but the photo won't upload

Well, day one out of town and I didn't get a call saying "what are these documents?" So either they didn't come or they didn't look tempting enough to open. :p

I have never been able to get peanut m&m's in the haven yet. Once I received generic m&m's on the getaway but never the peanut when requested Pre cruise or during cruise. This year I'm just taking them myself! Lol

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I have never been able to get peanut m&m's in the haven yet. Once I received generic m&m's on the getaway but never the peanut when requested Pre cruise or during cruise. This year I'm just taking them myself! Lol

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

In 2015 on the Getaway I got generic m&ms, plain only. Last year on the Escape I got the real M&M's plain and peanut. We also got several packages of Reeses cups when my husband was asked what he liked, plus a big bowl of macadamia nuts ❤️ And a daily platter of smoked salmon when I mentioned I loved smoked salmon.

We asked for and received peanut M&Ms on the Getaway last week.

When we cruised on the Epic several years ago (2014 and 2015) we never saw M&Ms, but they were plentiful on the Escape last year.

For all of you first-timers making requests, I want to reiterate the fact that all of your pre-cruise concierge requests may not be done when you get to the cabin. I do make several requests (fridge emptied, extra pillows, extra blanket and egg crate topper for the second bedroom) and they are sometimes done. This year the fridge was cleaned out, but not much else. And that was fine with us. All we did was make the requests to the steward and they were carried out way before we needed the items we requested. I think the stewards are so concerned about getting the rooms cleared for guests that they go back and take care of these minor details later.

Enjoy your time in the Haven!

We have so far always been in the Deluxe Owners and have usually only asked for specific types of alcohol in our reply to the email one gets. Maybe we should get more "not high maintenance" but we have found the staff very responsive if there is something we need after arrival. Of course, I have been accused, HERE, of being a "cruise snob" because of The Haven but I'll gladly live with that.

Go Haven or go home! haha. Just kidding. We have asked for, upon meeting our butler, m&ms (regular and peanut), gummies, pb&j, and peanuts. These goodies were spread out during the week. Roland on Breakaway was our butler and he was fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Our docs showed up today...from our agency even though we have our profile set to send all docs directly to us. But I intercepted them!

The three recent cruises we had M&Ms. I am glad I asked the question because a recent Epic poster said they are no longer available. I wanted to hear about recent cruisers. We have not sailed since April 2016 on the Jade which our M&Ms never ran out. :D

Linda, I couldn't help but notice your CC name. Do you have any recommendations for good cruise reads? I leave in two weeks and am trying to get my Kindle filled up with options! thanks!

Hi Everyone! 8 days and counting until we set sail on the Getaway - cruising Haven for the first time with our 10 yo son. So excited!! I've seen several entries on this board that you guys have asked that the "refrigerator be emptied." Just curious, what is in the refrigerator before it is emptied? Also, is there a Diet Coke in sight on the ship? I'm from Atlanta, so this whole Diet Pepsi thing is quite upsetting! LOL

Linda, I couldn't help but notice your CC name. Do you have any recommendations for good cruise reads? I leave in two weeks and am trying to get my Kindle filled up with options! thanks!

Let me know the genre you are interested in and I will try and give you a few suggestions. I read everything from nonfiction to some fiction with my favorite being mystery/suspense. I download books from my local library right to my KIndle when traveling. It is so easy with Overdrive. I read about 3-4 books a week (life of a blessed retired person)

Hi Everyone! 8 days and counting until we set sail on the Getaway - cruising Haven for the first time with our 10 yo son. So excited!! I've seen several entries on this board that you guys have asked that the "refrigerator be emptied." Just curious, what is in the refrigerator before it is emptied? Also, is there a Diet Coke in sight on the ship? I'm from Atlanta, so this whole Diet Pepsi thing is quite upsetting! LOL

I believe it is the typical minibar set up that includes alcohol and canned soda. I always have them empty it so 1.) alcohol isn't there tempting my teen and 2.) he doesn't get lazy and drink that soda instead of going to the bar to get the soda covered on the package and 3.) we drink a lot of water and I like having a cold pitcher full in the fridge. We never have to buy a bottle package.

Let me know the genre you are interested in and I will try and give you a few suggestions. I read everything from nonfiction to some fiction with my favorite being mystery/suspense. I download books from my local library right to my KIndle when traveling. It is so easy with Overdrive. I read about 3-4 books a week (life of a blessed retired person)

Thanks! I love good historical fiction. I am almost done with the Outlander series if that helps. I also like Kristen Hannah (of Fire Fly Lane fame) and I never say no to a good YA novel.

Thanks! I love good historical fiction. I am almost done with the Outlander series if that helps. I also like Kristen Hannah (of Fire Fly Lane fame) and I never say no to a good YA novel.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Nightingale by Kristen Hannah which was good also you may wish to try Winter Garden. Martha Hall Kelley’s Lilac Girls is a great historical fiction choice. YA reads try Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (before the movie comes out), Chemist by Stephanie Meyer (thought this is supposed to be adult I loved this book!) Tasha Alexander writes a wonderful mystery series that reads like historical fiction. The main characters are interesting and you will be drawn into their lives. Now if you want to walk on the thriller side I cannot say enough about Brian Freeman’s The Night Bird. This was an all nighter for me! I hope this will give you a good start. Happy reading and have a great cruise!

No Coke, Pepsi. As said, variety of soda, snacks, mini booze like hotel mini fridge used to be.