What's your favorite part of the MDR menu/experience?

Keys2Heaven

It's mandatory that you consume it very quickly after getting into the car, because that cake would not survive in the Arizona sun, it would be a melted chocolate mess, turning it into a warped version of warm chocolate melting cake. :D

You'll be craving it as soon as you're settled and on the highway [emoji7]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I cannot wait to get my kids to try these? Are they normally only served once during the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, so order extra. And save your bread eating to dip in the garlic butter they are served with. They do provide a couple of toasts, but, with my experience, you will want to dip more.

Love the cheese plate!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Forums mobile app

We take a cheese plate back to our stateroom and put it in the frig to have later, as a before-bed snack while we relax out on our balcony. :)

As for my favorite part of the dining room experience...I would have to say it's a toss up between not having to cook it myself, and trying new dishes, oh and remembering a really delicious item from a previous cruise that is still on the menu and having it again! :) I could do without the "entertainment" though. Thankfully we had anytime dining on our last cruise and we were usually finished with dinner before it started. :)

my favorite experience in the mdr was on the granduer of the seas, rosario strings would play the violin right in front of my table. for 30 min before dinner it was amazing experience i really enjoyed.

Now THAT kind of entertainment is something I would definitely enjoy!!! :)

My favorite part of the MDR is having a table for just DH and myself (the kids join us for elegant night but other than for that they eat at Lido and then go to camp in the evening so every night is date night)

I love just ordering whatever we want from the menu- no looking at prices. We love to try things that we normally wouldn't try at home- frog legs, alligator fritters... my absolute favorite was the Bing cherry soup!! So delicious (but I love cherry vanilla ice cream so this soup was right up my alley LOL!!)

Of course- my all time favorite is warm chocolate melting cake.

Also on that flight I had an entire carry on suitcase filled with nothing but groceries (including a whole roaster chicken lol).

LOL!! I like the way you travel! ;)

BWI is our home airport- I've always packed snacks for the kids since Southwest doesn't serve meals- never had a problem having it in our carry on luggage. The only time I had an issue was when I totally wasn't thinking and packed small water bottles for the kids (we were bringing pralines home from our trip to NOLA and they make us thirsty LOL!). The TSA guy made us open the backpacks and show him the small lunch box sized bottles of water- he was nice enough to let the kids keep them but I would have been fine to chuck them if need be (the water, not the kids LOL!!)

We also had one issue after debarking the Pride after a Bahamas cruise- DH put an orange from Lido in my purse (without my knowledge)- and that darn beagle sure enough smelled it and went crazy barking at me in the customs line! LOL!!

My favorite part of the dining experience that made it better than ever was on the Pride in late January. The maitre'd was Ken Bryne. He sang each evening and usually 2 songs. He had a terrific voice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is good to hear. He replied to my email about my upcoming cruise with my DD who has a peanut allergy. Does that mean he will be our Maitre'd

After a tiring day of activities, I enjoy being served a nice meal without worrying about prices or the time. We don't go out for full service meals much at home, so it really is a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Absolutely [emoji122]