a Princess cruise guy tries a Disney cruise...some thoughts

tml1230

Thank you for the review. We also have enjoyed Princess.

We are doing our first Disney cruise in August with our daughter, SIL, and two grandchildren. Just like you we are doing this for our grandchildren. It is a milestone birthday for my DW and we are certainly paying a premium for Disney.

One of the things that concern me is since this is our first Disney Cruise we will be the last group of cruisers allowed to make any kind of reservations. We get spoiled on Celebrity and Princess. Did you find this to be a problem? Were you able to do all the things that you wanted to do?

Glad you enjoyed your experience and I am sure your Granddaughter was thrilled.

we had no problem making reservations for any of the events we wanted...they were handled in typical good disney fashion.

they have one private event where you can have your grandkids meet 5 or 6 of the princess characters at the same time. My wife, our son ,our DIL and even bubba (my granddaughter calls me bubba) all had tears in our eyes as she danced with repunzel.

Even tho we probably wouldn't do disney again.....because of her smiles, her excitement, her responses and the reactions from our granddaughter throughout the cruise, it was a cruise of a lifetime. you won't regret it! have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for your review.

We love both Disney and Princess. Both have pros and cons. I could go back and forth all day on them! :)

First things that come to mind: Biggest con to Disney is the outrageous prices they charge! That is a huge negative. And, they don't give veteran or stockholder credits. But, for us, they win on stateroom decor and definitely on entertainment. Fireworks at sea are pretty nice, too. And, no tendering at their private island. Inside cabins with virtual portholes are a plus.

I think Princess food is better and they have the 24 hour buffet daily. But, Disney has big peel & eat shrimp daily for lunch in the buffet!

(We are Elite with Princess and Platinum with Disney.)

Great write up. Thanks for taking the time to do so. Having done both cruise lines, I think you covered everything except the entertainment aspect. We felt the Disney shows were far and beyond better than anything we have seen elsewhere.

we had no problem making reservations for any of the events we wanted...they were handled in typical good disney fashion.

they have one private event where you can have your grandkids meet 5 or 6 of the princess characters at the same time. My wife, our son ,our DIL and even bubba (my granddaughter calls me bubba) all had tears in our eyes as she danced with repunzel.

Even tho we probably wouldn't do disney again.....because of her smiles, her excitement, her responses and the reactions from our granddaughter throughout the cruise, it was a cruise of a lifetime. you won't regret it! have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for the additionally feedback. It makes me feel better.

I am happy to hear you are enjoying your grandchild with the special moments. I can certainly relate to your joy.

Thanks for the post. We are also Princess cruisers who are now going on 40 cruises with Princess.

We did try Disney a few years ago (surprisingly, without any kids) and enjoyed the customer service that we received.

One thing that I want to mention, is that in the buffet area and dining room, the wait staff were very careful to clean, not only the top of the table, but the bottom and sides where all those little fingers reach. This impressed me.

Score one more for Disney!