Main dining room

leggettsally

I'm wondering about clothing for MDR just on reg nights, are men allowed to wear jean shorts ( not cutoffs or holey) just nice jean shorts and a polo shirt ,and sandals,or nice flip flops? Hubby doesn't want to wear jeans or dress pants and dress shoes or tennis shoes just go to dinner,

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Ughhh hubby not going to be happy lol he is not the dress up kind of man, guess we won't be eating no meals in MDR,, cause he says he is on vacation and wants to be comfortable, and don't want to dress up every night, ( to him dressing up for casual is denim walking shorts and polo shirts, we live I Florida so basically we live in shorts ,

Lol this is going to be a small change for me as I can still wear my flip flop to dining cause I have dressy ones, his are just nice leather flip flops , tried to get him to wear some nice Sperry boat shoes ,but that not working either, guess he be in tennis shoes, lol

Ughhh hubby not going to be happy lol he is not the dress up kind of man, guess we won't be eating no meals in MDR,, cause he says he is on vacation and wants to be comfortable, and don't want to dress up every night, ( to him dressing up for casual is denim walking shorts and polo shirts, we live I Florida so basically we live in shorts ,

There are options other than the MDR. Let him wear what is comfortable for him. He is also on vacation!

I'm wondering about clothing for MDR just on reg nights, are men allowed to wear jean shorts ( not cutoffs or holey) just nice jean shorts and a polo shirt ,and sandals,or nice flip flops? Hubby doesn't want to wear jeans or dress pants and dress shoes or tennis shoes just go to dinner,

No jean shorts. They must be dress shorts.

Dress/Bermuda shorts don't have to be khaki brown or tan in color - they make them in all colors and patterns, including blue.

His flip flops, even nice leather ones, may be an issue, though.......

Shorts worn on cruise casual nights has more to do with the length than the material. Also though sandals are allowed for either gender, flip-flops are not and the reason is because of the "trock-trock" sound most flip-flops make.

Also each Maitre 'D will have their own interpretation of the dress code. Your best bet is to ask about it during the open Q&A session for the MDR on embarkation day.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Shorts worn on cruise casual nights has more to do with the length than the material. .

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

True, but then again, the rules state no "cut-off" jeans - just wonder if the ma?tre 'd and others that greet you at the MDR door might just see jean shorts and assume.......

I'm not suggesting you try this but just letting you know that not all ships follow the standards the same way.

We were on the Breeze a couple weeks ago and on the second ELEGANT night this is what the man sitting at the table next to us was wearing:

Baseball cap, T-Shirt, camouflaged shorts and flip flops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's nothing difficult about slipping on a pair of dockers.....or even, jeans! (Although, I think jeans are too warm for summer weather)...but, if he wears shorts...I doubt he'll be turned away.

But...do get him a pair of "deck shoes"...they are slip-ons, sort of like casual loafers...no socks needed...and that would be MUCH nicer than flip flops!

didn't know anyone still wore jean shorts, they are so 80's

Lol , ya some people are old school, so he just prefers the carpenter or cargo style jean shorts, they still look OK with a nice tshirt or polo, He not a 20-30 yr old ,so he doesn't like them sports like basketball shorts, :)

I'm not suggesting you try this but just letting you know that not all ships follow the standards the same way.

We were on the Breeze a couple weeks ago and on the second ELEGANT night this is what the man sitting at the table next to us was wearing:

Baseball cap, T-Shirt, camouflaged shorts and flip flops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ya he never go like that ,but would wear NICE jean shorts that are black or dark blue that are cargo style and nice polo, We are skipping elegant night as I don't want to get all dressed up for it, I'm more of a shorts and Capri person who likes to be comfortable, and I know all dressed up I would feel uncomfortable and not enjoy dinner,:) But I will wear nice Capri and shirts for causel dinners,:)

As others have mentioned, shorts do come in the colors of the rainbow, not just brown, tan and khaki. Also, they are much more lenient on night one in the MDR, so if DH has a pair of shorts that might be on the line or edge of acceptability, that would be the night for him to wear them. They let things go the first night because people have the excuse of their bags possibly not having been delivered to their cabin before dinner.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app