Oasis galley tour

Has anyone done the galley tour on Oasis? Our son is a chef and is interested in seeing the galley tour. They charge $35. Didn't know if it was really paying for the same meal we already paid for or was doing the tour and meal something special?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has anyone done the galley tour on Oasis? Our son is a chef and is interested in seeing the galley tour. They charge $35. Didn't know if it was really paying for the same meal we already paid for or was doing the tour and meal something special?

That $35 tour includes lunch.

If your son is not interested in lunch, he should seek out the Executive Chef, explain that he is a Chef, and he will get a free tour.

We did a galley tour in September & it was free (if I remember correctly). We did not have lunch but they had some snacks after. We went into all the different sections & our guide explained everything. It was very nice & we really enjoyed it. We also did a Central Park tour of the gardens that I know was free. We really enjoyed both tours. I'm going to make my hubby do the Central Park tour when we cruise on the 12th. I know he'll like that.

There's 2, one that is just the tour it was $25 and was about an hour and then a few days later there was one that was offered for $35 with lunch. We did the first because we didn't know it would be offered again and with a lunch. The tour was fun, great to see how clean the ship is!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
We did the tour and did not really enjoy it. Ours was just looking at the kitchen and information on what and how much food they go thru. Interesting but not great.

I forgot about this post, I should have gone back and added a comment.

When we went in October it was very fun. Had great staff and great snacks after.

We were on two weeks ago and got suckered into "oh it's totally been changed and you get to see the butcher and blah blah blah" it was the same tour- actually shorter with worse food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums