German TA, cheaper than US and UK

Bollinge

We looked at an NCL Europe Cruise.

We checked prices with our English and American travel agents, and found a German agent was better value for the following reasons:

Tips are included, as Germans don't tip - except to leave a bit of small change as trinkgeld.

UBP included. Not offered to us by UK agents as maybe we British drink too much!

Final balance due only one month before. UK agents often ask for it 16 weeks before to aid their cash flow!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We certainly get the UBP in the UK. There are some exceptions for particular cabins and late bookings, or maybe your travel agent is getting some special rates that don't include it, but it is definitely an option on cruises booked in the UK.

Tips are included, as Germans don't tip - except to leave a bit of small change as trinkgeld.

Sorry, but that is incorrect. For Austria, Switzerland and Germany we have since 1,5 Years all inclusive Prices. Than means, that all Costs put together to one Total because auf German (?) pricing-Law. Before, we also have all these costs for cruise, tipp and UBP. NCL summarized them, add some extra % and this Prices are our new Total. The (so to say) Trinkgeld is payed for Extra Service the Gusts like.

We checked prices with our English and American travel agents, and found a German agent was better value for the following reasons:

UBP included. Not offered to us by UK agents as maybe we British drink too much!

Final balance due only one month before. UK agents often ask for it 16 weeks before to aid their cash flow!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

That was an interesting post and one that I will remember for future bookings thanks.

Most of your points have already been answered but, as far as final balance is concerned, our UK travel agent also tried to extort money from us at 16 weeks. We had already had a falling out over the alleged benefits of booking with that particular TA rather than direct with NCL. She pointed out two 'benefits' that were not benefits at all, but failed to mention until I had booked that they would need the balance 16 weeks out and that there was a 2% charge for using a credit card which is not applied by NCL. We had a little 'discussion' and she gave a little but would not budge from 12 weeks. That was almost one month ago and NCL have still not received the money, so clearly it is still floating around in the TA's bank. It will be direct with NCL.de in future for me by the sounds of it.

Wow! Now that I've looked at the NCL Germany website, it gets even better. Not only do they get ALL the Free at Sea promos but their UBP includes Lavazza coffees AND one bottle of water per person per day in the cabin. I must try a dummy booking now to see how far I can get.

Wow! Now that I've looked at the NCL Germany website, it gets even better. Not only do they get ALL the Free at Sea promos but their UBP includes Lavazza coffees AND one bottle of water per person per day in the cabin. I must try a dummy booking now to see how far I can get.

I think your non German/Austria or Swiss home/postal adress might cause some issues.. ;)

edit; or passport, or whatever NCL uses to distinct their German speaking guests. :) But let us know how it went!

There shouldn't be any problem with booking the German offer with an address in the UK or other non-German-speaking country. But keep in mind that you will probably receive a lot of your documents in German, before and during the cruise. The French-speaking market in Europe gets the same deal, so you can also check those prices and book through a French/Swiss/Belgian/Luxemburgish? TA, or through NCL's European French site.

It's an especially good deal if you have more than 2 adults in the cabin, because everyone gets the UBP (unlike the Free At Sea offer available in other countries). But the 3rd guest rate may be higher than in other markets.

All my "paperwork" is in English, as was the booking process. I can read German anyway.

It would be against EU regulations to turn down any bookings from countries inside it.

Oh, and I forgot, an extra €50 OBC that I would not have got if I booked in England, and that on a two-day party cruise!

I often check on ships' locations and itineraries on Sea Scanner - Google it [emoji6]

Edited by Bollinge