What Would You Try After Allure?

Was going to ask what class Symphony is but just did a search and see that it is Oasis? When is it coming out? I assume it'll be like Harmony and even more costly.

Scheduled for Spring 2018. Itineraries will probably start to be released sometime in the next week.

Scheduled for Spring 2018. Itineraries will probably start to be released sometime in the next week.

Thanks Bob. Funny that it's not on their website yet.

Yes, I will be checking this week and thus am exploring all the options (Royal and other). I know with Royal that the best time to book is at release.

Was going to ask what class Symphony is but just did a search and see that it is Oasis? When is it coming out? I assume it'll be like Harmony and even more costly.

Yikes. I'm sorry. That's what I"m afraid of. Our son is getting older so we're now sticking to march break, summer (worried of hurricanes) or Christmas, but know that they jack up the airfare.

How is Quantum class for kids? DH commented that we could in theory drive to NY if flights were crazy.

Like you we are travelling at Christmas and March break.

While I would love to try Anthem as the ship looks amazing I don't want to sail on a 7 day cruise in the winter where you are still in the cold for the first and last day and a half of the cruise. You also have potential bad seas to deal with and the 7 day itineraries out of NJ are terrible. Port Canaveral, Nassau and CocoCay (and that could easily be cancelled)

We started cruising with our kids 6 years ago when our kids were 8 and 10. We started on smaller ships and have worked our way up. Our last 3 cruises have been on Oasis and Allure x2 and we are heading out next week on Harmony. We have Oasis booked again for next year. We love Oasis class and there is so much to do I wouldn't worry about going on them a few times.

I would suggest Oasis next. While Cats was not our cup of tea we preferred the rest of the shows on Oasis over Allure.

Like you we are travelling at Christmas and March break.

While I would love to try Anthem as the ship looks amazing I don't want to sail on a 7 day cruise in the winter where you are still in the cold for the first and last day and a half of the cruise. You also have potential bad seas to deal with and the 7 day itineraries out of NJ are terrible. Port Canaveral, Nassau and CocoCay (and that could easily be cancelled)

We started cruising with our kids 6 years ago when our kids were 8 and 10. We started on smaller ships and have worked our way up. Our last 3 cruises have been on Oasis and Allure x2 and we are heading out next week on Harmony. We have Oasis booked again for next year. We love Oasis class and there is so much to do I wouldn't worry about going on them a few times.

I would suggest Oasis next. While Cats was not our cup of tea we preferred the rest of the shows on Oasis over Allure.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I wouldn't sail out of NY in January but was thinking that March would be warmer? Then again, we're in Toronto and it's -10 today, which is similar weather to NY (i.e. so makes sense we might start out cold and maybe not much improvement).

We did love Allure and yeah, Cats isn't the best show but with an older Oasis class maybe ok pricewise. Will just have to chance the flight costs for March. Will see soon what kind of prices.

I'm glad you asked this, I've only done Oasis class ships so far but Freedom in March 2018 is calling me. I love the itinerary on the Eastern Caribbean. What shows do Freedom offer on their sailings? I was very impressed by Chicago on my first Allure sailing and Grease was amazing on Harmony too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm glad you asked this, I've only done Oasis class ships so far but Freedom in March 2018 is calling me. I love the itinerary on the Eastern Caribbean. What shows do Freedom offer on their sailings? I was very impressed by Chicago on my first Allure sailing and Grease was amazing on Harmony too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Freedom does not have a Broadway show. Just the 50 minute production shows.

Check out NCL Escape

I would also suggest the Escape. They have zip line, ropes course with a plank that goes out over the side of the ship and can have a picture taken there. A few nice water slides, a rock climbing wall. The shows were good and I really enjoyed the ship. There is a lot to do. I would not suggest carnival as I found myself asking what else can I do...not as much in the way of activities and entertainment.

By my cruise signature you can see what we did. Allure in 2014 Disney in 2016 now Allure in 2017. Don't fight it, embrace it. Disney was very good but we were outright spoiled by Allure. I'll caveat the Disney experience with a point that our kids were still not quite old enough for the wonderful kids club there and my little girl was turned away 2 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday. That would have helped but overall aside from the night we dined at Remy on Disney, Allure wins in all categories. I honestly like the standard Allure dining better than Disney. Allure has something for everyone. Come on back! We'll do the Harmony when the prices drop but for now the Allure is just fine.

I would also suggest the Escape. They have zip line, ropes course with a plank that goes out over the side of the ship and can have a picture taken there. A few nice water slides, a rock climbing wall. The shows were good and I really enjoyed the ship. There is a lot to do. I would not suggest carnival as I found myself asking what else can I do...not as much in the way of activities and entertainment.

Thank you for the feedback. I think it's now down to NCL or Royal, so appreciate the Carnival feedback. We definitely want things to do outside of the waterslides and we love attending shows , which to us is part of cruising.

I am anxiously awaiting to see the prices of Harmony. Thought they were being released today but looks like just Symphony, which is basically like Harmony. (Tempted to book Symphony for now) .

There is a Norwegian Escape cruise for week we are looking at in March. It leaves from NY, which is handy for us (about a 9hr drive if needed). My only concern is if we'll have a couple colder days on either end. They have a zipline? PS - That must be a neat picture!

Thank you for the feedback. I think it's now down to NCL or Royal, so appreciate the Carnival feedback. We definitely want things to do outside of the waterslides and we love attending shows , which to us is part of cruising.

I am anxiously awaiting to see the prices of Harmony. Thought they were being released today but looks like just Symphony, which is basically like Harmony. (Tempted to book Symphony for now) .

There is a Norwegian Escape cruise for week we are looking at in March. It leaves from NY, which is handy for us (about a 9hr drive if needed). My only concern is if we'll have a couple colder days on either end. They have a zipline? PS - That must be a neat picture!

I also considered a NY cruise in March. The weather seemed to be colder in NY but once you got down past the Carolinas most of the people who reported on this type of cruise said it was warmer. The downside is that there is no solarium on NCL as an option. An option for adults in the colder weather would be the thermal spa area as it has a pool and a view of the ocean. There is a zip line as part of the ropes course on the Escape. The water slides were fun. They have the stand up option where the bottom drops out from under you. Very fun.

By my cruise signature you can see what we did. Allure in 2014 Disney in 2016 now Allure in 2017. Don't fight it, embrace it. Disney was very good but we were outright spoiled by Allure. I'll caveat the Disney experience with a point that our kids were still not quite old enough for the wonderful kids club there and my little girl was turned away 2 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday. That would have helped but overall aside from the night we dined at Remy on Disney, Allure wins in all categories. I honestly like the standard Allure dining better than Disney. Allure has something for everyone. Come on back! We'll do the Harmony when the prices drop but for now the Allure is just fine.

Thanks. Great that you're repeating Allure. Says a lot about the ship. We did completely love it, and as you say its hard to find something that compares. We also did Disney (before Allure) and although we love Disney parks (going to Disneyland this summer!), the ship wasn't as "magical" to us. Plus my son will be 12 soon and for a cruise, I think Royal or Norwegian is a better match....and we would consider Allure or the Oasis too.

Cruise from NY in March? No thanks,been there,done that! Leave snow to fly to snow, get on ship with snow,cruise for 2-3 days before it warms up in rough seas, 5 days in sun,2-3 days more of cold and rough seas on way back,leave snow to go home to snow! Would rather leave snow, fly 3 hours to sun,spend 10 days in sun, then fly back home.

I also considered a NY cruise in March. The weather seemed to be colder in NY but once you got down past the Carolinas most of the people who reported on this type of cruise said it was warmer. The downside is that there is no solarium on NCL as an option. An option for adults in the colder weather would be the thermal spa area as it has a pool and a view of the ocean. There is a zip line as part of the ropes course on the Escape. The water slides were fun. They have the stand up option where the bottom drops out from under you. Very fun.

For this cruise, the first day is a sea day plus the last 2 days (heading to Port Canaveral and Bahamas). So would want pool/waterslide time on our sea days. Would we be far enough away from NY to be swim weather? Not a big deal about not having an adult solarium as we are coming with our kids (and they weren''t interested in the kids club in our last cruise)