Basic Soda Package

roberts2005

• 1 month later...

If you have sea days may be worth it. Both times Ipurchased it wasn't for me. And I was offended by the wine steward running after me on the second night saying I had not paid for my 1 soda at dinner the night before. This time. Staff in cafe implied two cards were needed if I wanted 2 cans to take to my room.

He was implying that I was sharing the cans. Did not see any fountain drinks.

If you have sea days may be worth it. Both times Ipurchased it wasn't for me. And I was offended by the wine steward running after me on the second night saying I had not paid for my 1 soda at dinner the night before. This time. Staff in cafe implied two cards were needed if I wanted 2 cans to take to my room.

Did you give your beverage card to the wine steward to have him run the charge? They don't know if you have the package if they don't have your card, and they have to run it through their system every time you get a drink. And the rule is one drink at a time per card. If they'd been giving you two, they were bending the rules, so you shouldn't be too upset when someone questioned why you were insisting on two. Most people know to get one at one bar and then walk to another bar for the second with some minutes in between.

I bought this package on one cruise and it worked perfectly for me. At the time, it paid for itself after three uses per day, which is not hard for me to do since I need a couple in the morning to get going (in lieu of coffee). I haven't looked at the prices lately but I suspect it's still similarly priced. I found it cheaper to do a soda only package and buy alcoholic drinks separately, but I rarely have the latter so YMMV.

Yes, he had the card and it says Soda.

Unlimited. Wrong word to use in. Advertising.

When a server is very unpleasant to a customer and implies one is sharing I am offended.

Rather silly approach to go from bar to bar within minutes to get the unlimited sodas I paid for.

Just under $12 Canadian a day. Averaged 4 per day. Not worth it for me on a port intensive cruise.

Dog

He wasn't implying. It is a rule. If you want a can of soda, you are entitled to one. If you want two cans, you need two cards. You wouldn't order two martinis for yourself at the same time. They are not dispensed with the idea that you would be storing them in your cabin. I always take a can back to the cabin with me. If I want a second, I go out for it or take it (and pay for it) from the mini-fridge. If you wish to stock your cabin, you should bring your own on board.

I always take a can back to the cabin with me. If I want a second, I go out for it or take it (and pay for it) from the mini-fridge. If you wish to stock your cabin, you should bring your own on board.

If you take a can from the mini fridge and replaced it before the room attendant got to check the fridge, they wouldn't charge you right? I was wondering about that. I noticed that the Evian bottle in the room looks different than the Evian bottle from the outside. So they will know for sure you drink the one from the room and replaced it. I think the cans of soda look the same though.

He wasn't implying. It is a rule. If you want a can of soda, you are entitled to one. If you want two cans, you need two cards. You wouldn't order two martinis for yourself at the same time. They are not dispensed with the idea that you would be storing them in your cabin. I always take a can back to the cabin with me. If I want a second, I go out for it or take it (and pay for it) from the mini-fridge. If you wish to stock your cabin, you should bring your own on board.

The wife and I both get the Soda package. I go to a couple of places and get two cans of soda to take back to the room. We always had a supply in the frig.

We have only sailed with Celebrity. How the heck do you do it on other lines that don't have cans?