Upsell Offer Yesterday

oldracer

Received, and accepted, an upsell offer yesterday for inside to oceanview OV-OW on Sydney to LA cruise Apr 12. Big savings over original price. Now if I can just get one for a balcony...

Congrats for the recent upsell, and good luck for the coming one!

I also received an up sell for this cruise but declined . I have a nice inside on Lido deck just change rooms up above . Open my door step out into fresh air ,poolside .The Court and snacks .Thought $1200 was not worth the change .:cool:

I also received an up sell for this cruise but declined . I have a nice inside on Lido deck just change rooms up above . Open my door step out into fresh air ,poolside .The Court and snacks .Thought $1200 was not worth the change .:cool:

We are thinking of getting an inside cabin on the Sapphire for Asia. 2 ladies celebrating their 50th year 😀 so we can't afford too splurge on the room.

Lido deck sounds great...

Any other suggestions please ?

• 3 weeks later...
Also an increase in tips.

long cruiser

Received, and accepted, an upsell offer yesterday for inside to oceanview OV-OW on Sydney to LA cruise Apr 12. Big savings over original price. Now if I can just get one for a balcony...

How so? Aren't tips the same for inside up to and including balcony rooms? only from mini-suites and up does the tip cost increase per day. OP stated they are moving to an oceanview room.

Got an upsell for Summer Alaska cruise. Called and left a message, but tried going online to see what was still available. (Balcony to minisuite) there was availability midnforawrd on deck 9 but when I went to choose my cabin no deck plans came up and I only had a button to get assigned before boarding

Anyone know what this means? I can see rooms in aft but don't want something there.

Got an upsell for Summer Alaska cruise. Called and left a message, but tried going online to see what was still available. (Balcony to minisuite) there was availability midnforawrd on deck 9 but when I went to choose my cabin no deck plans came up and I only had a button to get assigned before boarding

Anyone know what this means? I can see rooms in aft but don't want something there.

Seems like it's a GTY you booked.

Going online will not give you an accurate picture of what's available.

Princess has many cabins behind the scenes you don't see.

They could offer you an upsell of a cabin that another passenger has who will get upgraded as well.

Mine would have been $1200 from inside to ocean view (Obstructed) over $2000 for balcony.

I phoned them and said I would be willing to move to balcony for a free upgrade.They told me only Ocean view so turned it down.Told them wanted fresh air.

Where I am I am only couple of minutes from fresh air.:D

We are thinking of getting an inside cabin on the Sapphire for Asia. 2 ladies celebrating their 50th year 😀 so we can't afford too splurge on the room.

Lido deck sounds great...

Any other suggestions please ?

For me, it depends on the ship's layout and climate of the cruise. I also don't get motion sickness in most circumstances so I'm pretty flexible about where on the ship.

Mostly, like mentioned I look for quick and easy access to an open deck. Lido is always right there, but don't forget about the aft decks and interior cabins that are just a few steps from those decks ( and bar;)).

The poor Island Princess lost her back decks, but did gain some interior rooms that practically open onto the promenade deck.

Finally, if weather isn't really outside weather, those interiors on Plaza deck are nice. The international cafe makes a wonderful neighbor.

Browse the Sapphire's deck plans, find a couple of possibilities and then post your questions. Someone will have stayed in the room! :D