What to wear on the Baltic cruise?

travelfreelasvegas

My ten (10) day Baltic cruise on the Marina, July 5th-July 15th. We had days that were sunny and with highs around 90 degrees. We had days that were windy, rainy (mostly misty) with highs around 50 degrees. Most of the mornings started out in the high 40s, and went up (or didn't) from there.

You're going in June, so you can figure it out from this information.

Let me add. I took along a couple of pairs of walking shorts that I never wore. Either (a) the weather demanded long pants, or; (b) we would be visiting Russia Orthodox Churches that day where shorts were not appropriate attire. If I did the trip again, I'd just leave them at home.

Edited by pinotlover

M

Let me add. I took along a couple of pairs of walking shorts that I never wore. Either (a) the weather demanded long pants, or; (b) we would be visiting Russia Orthodox Churches that day where shorts were not appropriate attire. If I did the trip again, I'd just leave them at home.

two words

zip offs

Lyn;

Zip offs are fine if one is hopping on and off tour buses or vans where one have a place to leave them. My wife would not be excited about having her purse bulging full with zip offs, from my pants, as we strolled around Helsinki for the day!

You must be a far more understanding bride! :halo:

Lyn;

Zip offs are fine if one is hopping on and off tour buses or vans where one have a place to leave them. My wife would not be excited about having her purse bulging full with zip offs, from my pants, as we strolled around Helsinki for the day!

You must be a far more understanding bride! :halo:

I am :halo: :evilsmile:

I usually have a small backpack or tote bag with water & snacks etc.. so the legs are not a problem & they are usually light weight pants DH has .... think Columbia brand

• 2 weeks later...
It can be very cold or very warm. Layering is the answer. ;)

Exactly the way to dress. Mostly cool in the mornings then could be hot by noon, or not. Never know. :):):)

How cold you feel also depends on where you come from. In Karlskrona in August last year the local guide was wearing a shirt and sweater with trousers and loafers and looking effortlessly chic while the wind blew. She said she was used to the weather. Some local guys were walking about in short sleeved shirts. The guide was hanging around a lot which is probably why she wore a sweater. I was wearing a raincoat even though it was bright and sunny because it kept the wind at bay. Many people from the ship were wearing down jackets. Think about what you are used to. I live by the sea, so the wind chill factor is never far from my thoughts, and I'm from the UK so used to dressing for encountering all eventualities in the one day.