Kids ages 6 and 8 on Celebrity question

Iluvjo

Hey all,

My wife and I are loyal RCCL cruisers with Diamond status. Are girls are 6 and 8 and love the excitement of RCCL has to offer.

My question is for that have traveled on both RCCL and Celebrity with young children. Which line do you prefer more?

I would love to hear from you all.

Leo and Jolene.

Haven't cruised with kids but can tell u that celebrity is less kid themed. Plenty of people take their kids and have a good time but you can look at the ships and see they have fewer 'activities'. Haven't seen water slides, rock climbing walls, flow riders etc on celebrity ships. They will have a kids club though.

Also, don't know if your kids go to any of the shows but I would think they would not enjoy the shows as much. I did a 10 night celebrity med cruise a couple years ago and while there were some nights with the magician and comedian; there were also nights with a string quartet or an opera singer being the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey all,

My wife and I are loyal RCCL cruisers with Diamond status. Are girls are 6 and 8 and love the excitement of RCCL has to offer.

My question is for that have traveled on both RCCL and Celebrity with young children. Which line do you prefer more?

Leo and Jolene.

Our kids first cruise on Celebrity was in 1994, first on RCCL in 1999, Daughter went to work on the Majesty in 2004. We took her on the Freedom with us in 2011, and all week she repeated, should have booked Celebrity.

Now she is not a rock climber, or flow rider, enjoys a well prepared meal, loved Chops. She has not sailed Celebrity since Dec 2000, there were no speciality venues back then.

A lot will depend on the time of the year you are planning to sail.

My boys are 8,8,7. They have been on 11 cruises...NCL, Carnival, Celebrity, RC. You can not go wrong with either kids clubs. Celebrity has an excellent kids program. They enjoyed the club so much that they did not want to get off at the ports (we made them). That speaks volumes for the club.

Thank you for all your input.

I figured that CCL would have less family activities and that is fine. On our last trip the girls used the rock wall once, and mini golf a couple of times. The girls never made a headliner show as they were still in Adventure Ocean. They had their best times in Adventure Ocean and wanted to go there as soon as it opened every day. Which to me was fine, we let them do there thing and we did ours.

I was really looking for us to try something new and still use benefits of being a Diamond.

I was really looking for us to try something new and still use benefits of being a Diamond.

Make sure and call the C&A desk or Capt Club and get your member numbers crosse referenced.

When you log into Celebrity it will show your level just as it does when you log into C&A.

EW

I've sailed on both and as others point out I think the kid's activities are more limited on Celebrity but then so are the adults it's just much quieter that RC. I've never taken a child on Celeb just RC so I can't say for sure but I think my last time on Reflection last April I might've counted a dozen kids if that on the entire ship I'm sure there were more buttttt. I've only been on 1 Celeb though coming up on 2 in a few weeks. If I were taking children I personally would book RC from what I've witnessed if you're counting opinions/votes LOL

Hey all,

Leo and Jolene.

Celebrity is more adult oriented, so the girls might be somewhat bored.

Please don't go by folks saying they didn't see many kids on Celebrity. The kids club deliberately schedules activities that are out of the way of the adult passengers. And they don't keep the kids cooped up in the fun factory. They do take them out and about.

If you go on a trip of 10 days or less and you go when school is not in session, then there will likely be ample kids on board for your children to have a great time. They will probably also benefit from a higher counselor to child ratio.

Please read some of the many threads on this topic. Those of us that have actually taken our kids on Celebrity overwhelmingly recommend it. The kids program is great. My 5 and 6 year old can't wait to go on their 7th Celebrity cruise next month.