Help with allergy to detergent

I'll be going on the Oasis later this month and my fiancée has an allergy to 99% of laundry detergents. Our plan right now is to bring our own sheets and use those to make the bed, is this something that will cause a headache, or is a few minutes talk with the cabin steward and a few dollars extra tip all it will take?

I'll be going on the Oasis later this month and my fiancée has an allergy to 99% of laundry detergents. Our plan right now is to bring our own sheets and use those to make the bed, is this something that will cause a headache, or is a few minutes talk with the cabin steward and a few dollars extra tip all it will take?

I take my own pillowcase to put over their pillowcase and hand towel and washcloth because of sensitive face. Has never been a problem. I use a color so doesn't get mixed up with ship's white. Just let the room steward know there's an allergy and they will be glad to work with you.

I, too, am very allergic to detergents. I travel with my own pillowcase and hand towel (and soap). Luckily I've never needed them on a cruise. It seems to me that they may use fragrance free detergent as I cannot smell anything on the sheets and towels. It may sound weird, but yes I check.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone! I didn't think it would be a problem, but wantes to be sure.We're planning on bringing towels for her as well.

We've looked into the sleeping bad liners, and that's our option for future hotel stays. But for a seven night cruise we want to be a bit more comfortable.

Unfortunately her allergy is to chemicals inherent in most detergents, not the fragrances. So even most free and clear products will cause a reaction.

You could call RC now, I believe there is a special needs department, and they could tell you their usual plan for those with detergent allergies and even make a note on your file so your bed is prepared. One poster mentioned beds might be irregular sizing but taking two top sheets and making square corners on the bottom could work for you.

You could call RC now, I believe there is a special needs department, and they could tell you their usual plan for those with detergent allergies and even make a note on your file so your bed is prepared. One poster mentioned beds might be irregular sizing but taking two top sheets and making square corners on the bottom could work for you.

Special needs:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Unfortunately her allergy is to chemicals inherent in most detergents, not the fragrances. So even most free and clear products will cause a reaction.

Yes, that is a different issue. Luckily I have not had that same issue.

As others have mentioned, reach out to the special needs dept. They might be able to help. I cannot imagine you are the first person with this issue.

Good luck!

Dena

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The beds are not "standard" size...the ends are sort of rounded. I don't know if your sheets will actually fit..but you can certainly try it!

Two "flat " sheets would probably work better than the "fitted" sheet that is usually the bottom sheet. You could tuck the flat in to fit the rounded corners of the bed.