Upsell advice

Received an upsell email for April cruise on Jade, moving from ocean view to balcony for $150 pp and mini suite for $250 pp.

Worth it?

Is this a bidding process, as I have read elsewhere?

We have large group of 4 cabins side-by-side and want to stay fairly close to others in party, so don't want random room assignments. Is this likely?

Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The majority of ocean view cabins are on lower decks, while the balconies and minis are higher up. It is very likely you would end up on a different deck.

The price they offered you is good. I would not bother with the mini-suite, as it is essentially the same cabin, just with a larger bathroom. Many people received the same email, so it might not still be available when you call.

Sounds like keeping your group in close proximity is important to you, so I would have to advise you just stick with what you have.

Your email for the Jade should still reference the upsell phone number rather than the online bidding system. At least with the old phone center system you stand a chance of picking your room(s). If the amounts sound reasonable then it is worth calling to see what they can do as far as keeping your group close to each other. They are also sometimes negotiable on pricing as the date gets closer. Note that the mini suites are mostly under the pool deck and buffet.

From what I've been reading on these boards, the Dawn still uses the upsell phone number as opposed to the online bidding system. I'm wondering if I will receive an email since we booked through a TA. I asked him if they took part in that through NCL and he said yes, but has only seen a handful of emails. Thinking I may call the upsell number around 60 days out. If we could get a balcony for $150 pp, I would do it in a heartbeat. 93 days out at the moment....

Received an upsell email for April cruise on Jade, moving from ocean view to balcony for $150 pp and mini suite for $250 pp.

Worth it?

Is this a bidding process, as I have read elsewhere?

We have large group of 4 cabins side-by-side and want to stay fairly close to others in party, so don't want random room assignments. Is this likely?

Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What date are you sailing? I'm still wondering if we will get an upsell email, I keep checking daily. We sail the Jade 4/23.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From what I've been reading on these boards, the Dawn still uses the upsell phone number as opposed to the online bidding system. I'm wondering if I will receive an email since we booked through a TA. I asked him if they took part in that through NCL and he said yes, but has only seen a handful of emails. Thinking I may call the upsell number around 60 days out. If we could get a balcony for $150 pp, I would do it in a heartbeat. 93 days out at the moment....

I am sailing on the Dawn on 5/5 and received an upgrade advantage email today. Looks like the Dawn is officially on the new program.

What date are you sailing? I'm still wondering if we will get an upsell email, I keep checking daily. We sail the Jade 4/23.

We sail April 9th.

I called the upsell number as soon as they opened today (9am - 5pm EST) and managed to snag two B2 balconies with one cabin between. Cost $300 per cabin upgrade. So very happy with the outcome.

Glad I called. But while I was on the phone, all remaining balconies had sold out!

Appreciate advice.

-Limeyalchemist

Edited by limeyalchemist

I'm sailing on the Dawn on 4/23 and received an email to bid for an upgrade today. Currently we are booked in an inside cabin (which we are totally fine with) but thought why not give the bidding a try. Anyways, I put in a bid for $100 PP ($200) total for a balcony room. They have a little scale that rates your offer when you put it in and was told that the offer is "poor" . So I guess I just wait to see if that "poor" offer is good enough to be upgraded. ☺

We sail April 9th.

I called the upset number as soon as they opened today (9am - 5pm EST) and managed to snag two B2 balconies with one cabin between. Cost $300 per cabin upgrade. So very happy with the outcome.

Glad I called. But while I was on the phone, all remaining balconies had sold out!

Appreciate advice.

-Limeyalchemist

Nice, I called today and they had no upsells at this time apparently on the 4/23 sailing. I don't know if it's worth me trying to call back another day. We scored upsells all the time when we sail Carnival. Our last score was $300 total for an Ocean Suite , room was huge! It would be nice, but it's ok we'll spend the money elsewhere for sure.. [emoji4]

Nice, I called today and they had no upsells at this time apparently on the 4/23 sailing. I don't know if it's worth me trying to call back another day. We scored upsells all the time when we sail Carnival. Our last score was $300 total for an Ocean Suite , room was huge! It would be nice, but it's ok we'll spend the money elsewhere for sure.. [emoji4]

The cabin that I eventually Upsold to next week on the pearl was there, then it was not there, then it was there, then it was not there… So I would advise calling back because what the upsell department told me is that people will put one on hold for 24 hours and then if they don't make the additional payment then it goes back into the loop for being upsold.

The cabin that I eventually Upsold to next week on the pearl was there, then it was not there, then it was there, then it was not there… So I would advise calling back because what the upsell department told me is that people will put one on hold for 24 hours and then if they don't make the additional payment then it goes back into the loop for being upsold.

Thank you, that totally makes sense. I'll try again then . Worse they can say is it's not available.

I was told just today that emails do not get sent out until you are inside 30-days from sail date. True? Who knows. But based on some of the previous comments here upsells are available for April 9th as of today, and that's more than 30 days out.

Edited by WeBeCruisers?

So I've seen other posts mention a "upsale number" but never seen it posted anywhere. Also have seen where others have called in to ask that a email invitation to bid be sent. Our cruise is on the NCL Jewel out of Seattle going to Alaska the first part of June. Anyone have that upsell number or info on getting in on the bidding process? Thanks in advance for any information!

So I've seen other posts mention a "upsale number" but never seen it posted anywhere. Also have seen where others have called in to ask that a email invitation to bid be sent. Our cruise is on the NCL Jewel out of Seattle going to Alaska the first part of June. Anyone have that upsell number or info on getting in on the bidding process? Thanks in advance for any information!

I found it somewhere else on the forum. The number is 1-800-625-4309. They are open 9-5:30 ET Monday - Friday. Good luck.

Did you get the aft balcony suite?

Yes. She offered pretty much every open category of suite for $500-750pp. I love the aft balcony but wanted more space, so I took it. Might have been lower if I had the patience to wait until next week. There were 5 available at the time.

She was very clear that it included the normal suite perks, but would not include the additional Free at Sea perks. I would get to keep the 2 I had already picked out.

I was told just today that emails do not get sent out until you are inside 30-days from sail date. True? Who knows. But based on some of the previous comments here upsells are available for April 9th as of today, and that's more than 30 days out.

Received the bidding email today, we are 46 days out:)

Got the bidding email yesterday for the 5/7/2017 cruise on the Star.

Got the bidding email yesterday for the 5/7/2017 cruise on the Star.

I'm beginning to think the emails that you are receiving are for the bidding process. Therefore 30 days does not apply to me. I am on the Sun which is not doing the bidding process I suspect, therefore I'm on a 30-day minimum prior to being notified. Anyone agree with that rationale?

Anyone agree with that rationale?

Yes. Tempus137 even stated it was a bidding email. Those are sent out to practically everyone anywhere from a few minutes after booking to 80 days to on your myNCL page. The more elusive, and probably soon to be gone, upsell department emails giving the upsell number as a contact usually only appear around 30 days out. What also confuses things is some ships are moving to the new bidding system after certain sail dates.