10:15 AM too early for flight out of long beach airport-Carnival Cruise?

forb0054

I am wanting to book a flight out of the long beach airport at 10:15 am on the day we return to Long Beach. I know the taxi ride is 10 minutes to the airport. Do you think we can book this flight? Anyone fly out of long beach recently? (We will self disembark).

If you self disembark and get off the ship at first call. You'll probably be okay. I recall it being a 15 minute drive, but early in the morning could be different. What will slow you down is security at the airport. So have everything ready to go from that angle. But be aware that there may be delays in letting people of the ship due to Customs and Coast Guard inspections or medical emergencies.

I have been only there Long beach/LAX once. In my personal opinion I think that is early. In fact on our first cruise (Carnival) they would not let us book such an early flight, but this was coming out of Tampa Bay. Nevertheless if they let you book the flight that early then like the other post said, and I am paraphrasing "HAVE ALL YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW"!

I have been only there Long beach/LAX once. In my personal opinion I think that is early. In fact on our first cruise (Carnival) they would not let us book such an early flight, but this was coming out of Tampa Bay. Nevertheless if they let you book the flight that early then like the other post said, and I am paraphrasing "HAVE ALL YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW"!

If you are not booking your flights thru Carnival, they can't control which flights you book.

We did self-debark and were on the line at 8:03 am and through customs by 8:35 am. In our case we would have made a 10:15 am connection at John Wayne. YMMV.

Thanks for letting me know. We flew out of Long Beach two years ago and were at the LB airport by 8:30, I was unsure if this was just a fluke or if we could be off the ship again by 8:30/9:00. The security at that airport is not a problem as there are only a few terminals.

No way in hell I would book that flight. We had a 1:30 flight out of LAX once and almost missed it. We literally made it with 2 minutes to spare. Long Beach Port was an absolute nightmare both embarking and debarking. You might make it, you probably will (if nothing goes wrong and customs doesn't decide to take 5 hours to clear everyone) but I would never take that chance.

No way in hell I would book that flight. We had a 1:30 flight out of LAX once and almost missed it. We literally made it with 2 minutes to spare. Long Beach Port was an absolute nightmare both embarking and debarking. You might make it, you probably will (if nothing goes wrong and customs doesn't decide to take 5 hours to clear everyone) but I would never take that chance.

The OP in this case is asking about the much nearer John Wayne Airport in Long Beach infamous for Harrison Ford landing on the taxiway instead of the landing strip a few weeks ago and just missing a 737.

The OP in this case is asking about the much nearer John Wayne Airport in Long Beach infamous for Harrison Ford landing on the taxiway instead of the landing strip a few weeks ago and just missing a 737.

I think the OP is asking about the Long Beach Airport, which is very close to the port (10-15 minutes). The John Wayne Airport is in Orange County and not all that close and requires travel on the dreaded 405 which given the worst circumstances might make a 2 or 3 hour trip out of it.

To the question, I wouldn't try the LB Airport because of all the "Murphys" that could enter the picture, ship arriving late, problems with customs, etc. Give it a shot and tell us about it later. :D

Lately, CBP out of both Long Beach and San Pedro has been running quickly and smoothly. No guarantees.

Sailed October (Miracle), Dec (Inspiration) and Jan (Ruby Princess) with no abnormal waits at debark. This was before all the new controls were in place YMMV

Be first off with self assist. We've been at the parking lot by 8:30.

But you never know what our roads will be like. ;)

I think the OP is asking about the Long Beach Airport, which is very close to the port (10-15 minutes). The John Wayne Airport is in Orange County and not all that close and requires travel on the dreaded 405 which given the worst circumstances might make a 2 or 3 hour trip out of it.

To the question, I wouldn't try the LB Airport because of all the "Murphys" that could enter the picture, ship arriving late, problems with customs, etc. Give it a shot and tell us about it later. :D

Yes we are leaving out of the Long Beach Airport, which only has a few terminals and is around 15 minutes away. I would never book a 10:15 out of LAX. There is another flight leaving at 1pm, but that would not get me to my home until after midnight... that is why we want to try and make the 10:15 flight.

Yes we are leaving out of the Long Beach Airport, which only has a few terminals and is around 15 minutes away. I would never book a 10:15 out of LAX. There is another flight leaving at 1pm, but that would not get me to my home until after midnight... that is why we want to try and make the 10:15 flight.

Vaya con Dios.

Great little airport that a lot of Angelenos aren't aware of. Used to take RedEyes to the Eastern ports out of LB. 5 hours of sleep, wake up refreshed, get a cup of coffee and a croissant, jump on the bus to the cruise port. Small, uncrowded, like flying in the 60s and $6/day parking. Fantastic. Enjoy your cruise and flight.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I see... closer airport. Either way, we wouldn't have made that flight. We sat around on the ship for HOURS waiting to get off. Customs was on some kind of rampage I think. We didn't disembark until after 11am and didn't get through customs until at least an hour later. I've been on 5 cruises so far and have had issues on two of them being late on the last day for different reasons. In my experience, I wouldn't take the chance.