Upgrade bidding etc

swanmark

hi guys, this is our first time cruising, we have booked an haven penthouse suite on the Epic, I keep seeing threads about bidding for upgrades, can someone please explain about upgrades and bidding etc, and how do you get on the list etc, thanks in advance

Around 80 days prior to your sailing they will send out e-mails with the option to upgrade your room for a price. You will have the opportunity to bid to a nicer room, but you won't know until up to a few days before you sail if your bid was accepted. There will be a minimum price you can bid, and you won't know the location of your cabin until your bid is accepted. Since you are already in a Haven room you could move into an Owners Suite ect...if there are upgrades available for your sailing. Keep reading the threads here on CC. Lots of information on the process and what you can expect.

Enjoy your cruise!

hi guys, this is our first time cruising, we have booked an haven penthouse suite on the Epic, I keep seeing threads about bidding for upgrades, can someone please explain about upgrades and bidding etc, and how do you get on the list etc, thanks in advance

Exactly 80 days before your cruise, when you log on to MyNCL, there will be a prompt to bid on an upgrade. If you log on from a computer, the system will tell you the quality of your offer (poor to excellent).

You could go up to a 2 br or owners suite. Not really worth the money in your case.

Some are now reporting that they are getting the invitation to bid about 6-7 weeks prior to sailing. This new process keeps changing!

Exactly 80 days prior to our cruise, we got a link on our MyNCL home page. We are in a balcony and were given the opportunity to bid all the way to an H2.

c93fc76f48b3597ef676f9faf8d1e2f9.jpg

And you bid via slide bar. In the example below the lowest bid (poor) is $500 per person with the max bid (excellent) $2000 per person for a H5

7b388b952a17a8096a46ddc838b9ac36.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Exactly 80 days before your cruise, when you log on to MyNCL, there will be a prompt to bid on an upgrade. If you log on from a computer, the system will tell you the quality of your offer (poor to excellent).

You could go up to a 2 br or owners suite. Not really worth the money in your case.

There are many reports of people getting the upgrade email less than 80 days before sailing - some just a couple of weeks.

I don't believe there is a specific timeline for the upgrade email.

We got our upgrade email about 59 days out.

Just keep in mind, they have until 2 days before sailing to tell you whether or not your bid was accepted. I am a planner, so it's kind of driving me bonkers to not know, LOL!!

We didn't get our upgrade invite until 45 days out for the April 23 Star sailing! Really would love to hear soon!

We got ours about the same time for our sailing on Dawn 4/23. I bid a low "Fair" for minisuite but am willing to adjust a little as the difference between BA and MA is still just over $400pp. However I can't find it on ncl.com any more tho' I kept the upgrade email so I can get to it that way.

Trying to decide if BA to SF is worth $500pp minimum (12nt cruise), of course the odds would be against me but as far as I can see almost nothing in BA, MA and upwards has sold in the last week.