Coffee on the Island Princess

gwenmarie

We are cruising in September the partial canal trip and this ship is new to us. No International Cafe so where can you get espresso coffee on the Island Princess and use the coffee cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

La Patisserie on deck 5. I believe it is open 24 hours

I was wondering this as well. I would imagine by hearing the name "Patisserie" that they have pastries like IC had. Are they free, how is the selection, do they also have sandwiches?

Thanks.

Don't expect the La Patisserie on deck 5 to be anything close to the International Cafe on most of the other ships. This is one of the big disappointments when they did the redo of the Island Princess... They DID NOT add a IC!!!:mad::mad: DUMB!

This is more of a bar that also does fancy coffees, and on occasion have one or two small trays of finger sandwiches or pastries.

You are better off up at the end of the Buffet area as they have a very nice dessert bar and beverage area and on the Port (Left looking forward) side they have an area that does the fancy coffees. Between the buffet and this area you have your "part time IC." Bummer is that it does not help if you want something past around 11 or midnight, then you only have room service.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
We are cruising in September the partial canal trip and this ship is new to us. No International Cafe so where can you get espresso coffee on the Island Princess and use the coffee cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

La Patisserie on the Island is open from 6am to 11pm. There were trays of muffins or pastries in the morning and small sandwiches around lunch.

The area in HC that supposedly has fancy coffee never had anybody working there when we sailed Island Princess. It was La Patisserie or nothing. The selection of pastries at La Patisserie was pathetic.

I will echo Kim's comments. Just got off the same cruise on 3/30 and especially enjoyed my morning latte and mini muffin with a regular (at no charge) and mini croissant for DH. Our cabin was on deck 5, so it was fairly close. I got good use of my coffee card for those. And I always saw 2 or 3 trays of mini pastries in the morning and little sandwiches in the afternoon. It was a great place to sit early in the morning, enjoy the view and quiet and watch the ship/atrium start to come to life. I didn't use it for coffee, but found the coffee/drink bar in the HC to be open most times when I was there.