Weather in April

spf

Cruising on Azura in three weeks and was wondering what weather to expect. Never cruised this early before. Our ports include Valencia Barcelona Civitaveccia Cartagena and Gibraltar. Hoping some of you well travelled cruisers might know. I know the weather is unpredictable most of the time but would like your experiences of April. Thankyou

We did an April cruise a few years ago, we left the UK with snow showers in Southampton, but once in the Med it was reasonably warm.

Never really shorts and T shirt weather but that made it far more comfortable for strolling around.

We leave Southampton on 2nd April for Madeira and the Canaries on Britannia. We have three sea days first which I have written off for any pleasant weather. Our first time on P&O so hopefully there's lots to keep us entertained inside on board!

The weather at our destinations is predictable - low 20s and hopefully dry and sunny. Return trip via Lisbon and then two more sea days back home. Mid April sea days are perhaps going to be more enjoyable. :cool: Time will tell.

Mid April in the Med is unpredictable. However, it does tend to be sunny during the day, but chilly at night.

Wichenford Wolf

The weather in the Canaries is totally different to the Med. It has an all year round sub tropical climate, so once you are there it will most likely be warmer than the Med and unlikely to rain.

I am also on this cruise; I've been to the Med in April before and while there will be some rain you can also expect good weather. Take a waterproof and a couple of light fleeces as well as summer clothes.