Any know if the Jade is at Drydock today?

tmilak

Probably not anytime soon. The two main components of the offer: making everyone purchase an alcoholic beverage package, and not showing the gratuity as a separate item, would be very problematic in the US. You can't take away people's freedom like that.

And from the other side, Brits are used to getting an 'all inclusive' price for their vacations (cruises, plane & hotel, whatever). One price does it all. Port fess, taxes, tips, the lot.

Indeed, when we get off the Jade in Europe next month, we hop on to P&O, a very British line. When we booked with them, the upfront price included port charges and taxes, they were not listed separately. So, to a NAm, the entry price might have seemed high (although the line does not actively market much outside the UK) but to the Brits, who expect all-in prices, not so much.

So in a sense, NCL is giving Brits (I can't speak to other European countries) what they are used to and expect. One number does it all.

And from the other side, Brits are used to getting an 'all inclusive' price for their vacations (cruises, plane & hotel, whatever). One price does it all. Port fess, taxes, tips, the lot.

Indeed, when we get off the Jade in Europe next month, we hop on to P&O, a very British line. When we booked with them, the upfront price included port charges and taxes, they were not listed separately. So, to a NAm, the entry price might have seemed high (although the line does not actively market much outside the UK) but to the Brits, who expect all-in prices, not so much.

So in a sense, NCL is giving Brits (I can't speak to other European countries) what they are used to and expect. One number does it all.

Canuker,

Re All inclusive for UK guests: I re-priced a couple of our upcoming trips. One trip works out £250 more expensive, the other £300 more expensive and on both you lose the speciality dining package. Lose, lose...

Seems new All Inclusive is a poor deal when compared against the Free-at-Sea bundles. I have taken account of gratuities in these figures as I always pre-pay those.

Sent from my iPad using Forums