Any know if the Jade is at Drydock today?

tmilak

Wonder if that atrium lighting changes colour (similar to the bigger ships with changing chandelier light) - personally I am not a fan of that green and orange as shown here?

She looks fab though - we loved the Jade - Despite the gaudiness we thought the mini suites on Jade were amongst the best "non suite" cabins we have had in years. So much old fashioned cupboard space - and loved the tub! Looking forward to seeing pics of the upgraded cabins :)

it must change colours because one photo has all green and one photo green & orange. it would be silly to redo that chandelier & not put in colour chaning LEDs.

Here is a new picture i found of the pool deck at night during the current charter cruise.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSXBtIeArmr/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was hoping they would keep the overhangs over the hot tubs for some shade. but that would mess up sight lines i'm sure for the music cruises (not that taking those down would be that difficult. IMO)

SugarCane is the Mojito bar from the Escape.... Very popular.... We went there most nights for a pre-dinner drink.... Can't see it working alongside Karaoke, they seem pretty contradictory... The bar is a hub of chatter & laughter, the two functions would impact negatively on one another.. More suited to a pianist...

Haven't sailed the Jade before but we're on for the 23rd Western Caribbean and stay on for the transatlantic...

There is a big difference between Sugarcane on the Escape, and on the Star (which the Jade seems to now have a similar setup to).

On the Escape, as you know it is very open, with people walking past between different venues, it is a great place to stop for a drink as you pass.

On the Jade, it is the bar attached to Moderno, and across the way from Cagneys. There is little or no passing traffic, and it tends to be used by people eating at those venues, plus a few regulars. In my experience, it is generally quite underused.

I have to say that I never saw it used for Karaoke, and I wouldn't think of it as being a natural place to hold it, but it is in a very different location to the Escape, and as a result is quite a different bar in my opinion.

Unfortunately a ditto for the Dawn and Gem. On both ships prior to dry dock, Star Bar was hopping and our favorite place. The mojito bar replacement was constantly dead boring, if even open, with the worst and unfriendly bartenders ever. Such a loss! Here's hoping that this plague doesn't transfer to the Jade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Keith you seem to know a lot. Please let me know how to get into the spreadsheet. Linda

I have to say that our experience of the Star Bar on both the Jade and Pearl pre refurb was that it was very quiet then as well.

I didn't really see much difference between those Star Bars and Sugarcane on the Star.

Unfortunately a ditto for the Dawn and Gem. On both ships prior to dry dock, Star Bar was hopping and our favorite place. The mojito bar replacement was constantly dead boring, if even open, with the worst and unfriendly bartenders ever. Such a loss! Here's hoping that this plague doesn't transfer to the Jade.
As far as I know, the Star Bar and the new Sugarcane Bar have the same opening hours (5pm to closing). And it's such a small venue that 5 or 10 people can make the difference between "hopping" and "dead boring", so I think it just depends on the sailing. I really doubt that NCL has a policy of putting the worst and more unfriendly bartenders there, but I guess we'll find out soon enough about the Jade. From the photos it looks more welcoming than Sugarcane on the Star, for example, which hardly had any sort of lounge and really just felt like part of Moderno. (Certainly not a suitable venue for karaoke, with tables of diners 10 feet away.)

You are right. The Jade pictures show lounge tables and chairs which were absent on the Dawn and Gem. In their place were Moderno dining tables. On those ships, it was really obvious as a service bar. In 3 weeks on those sailings, we were always the only guests at the bar and the bartenders really just acted annoyed at our presence with their focus on the wait staff. Prior to renovations, it was always a very active, completely filled, piano bar....with a great view! Maybe roll calls should commit to supporting it!

we liked the Star Bar on the Jade too on our 5 cruises

it was almost empty and so we met there with friends to play card or dice games ;-)

but as a bar or a lounge it was really boring, we are looking forward to the sucarcane bar :)

24 more days :-) and we will try it

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Keith, please let me know how to register on the Roll call and get into the spread sheet

Sorry, I'm not really sure what spreadsheet you are referring to.

To register for a roll call you just find your sailing on the relevant forum and post on there. Organisers sometimes use spreadsheets to keep track of things, but whenever that's happened on a roll call for one of my cruises they tend to update the spreadsheet themselves.

There is a big difference between Sugarcane on the Escape, and on the Star (which the Jade seems to now have a similar setup to).

On the Escape, as you know it is very open, with people walking past between different venues, it is a great place to stop for a drink as you pass.

On the Jade, it is the bar attached to Moderno, and across the way from Cagneys. There is little or no passing traffic, and it tends to be used by people eating at those venues, plus a few regulars. In my experience, it is generally quite underused.

I have to say that I never saw it used for Karaoke, and I wouldn't think of it as being a natural place to hold it, but it is in a very different location to the Escape, and as a result is quite a different bar in my opinion.

Thanks Keith... will find out for ourselves later this month.

We have been sailing the bigger new NCL ships and therefore are familiar with the bar between Moderno & Cagney's, it's always been almost deserted in our experience. Can't see how music or especially Karoake would be acceptable in earshot of the speciality dining.

Not sure how today's announcement on all inclusive will effect things going forward. We have 8 upcoming NCL trips booked and always pay extra to include the drinks package but don't go mad. Hope the wide-scale All Inclusive doesn't negatively effect the drink product, service or general atmosphere on the ship. Cause for concern, the thought of extended trips awash with drunks carries zero appeal.

Not sure how today's announcement on all inclusive will effect things going forward. We have 8 upcoming NCL trips booked and always pay extra to include the drinks package but don't go mad. Hope the wide-scale All Inclusive doesn't negatively effect the drink product, service or general atmosphere on the ship. Cause for concern, the thought of extended trips awash with drunks carries zero appeal.

To be honest, I don't think it will make much difference. People who want the drinks package have been able to get it included for a few years now anyway.

We shall see, I suppose.

Thanks Keith... will find out for ourselves later this month.

We have been sailing the bigger new NCL ships and therefore are familiar with the bar between Moderno & Cagney's, it's always been almost deserted in our experience. Can't see how music or especially Karoake would be acceptable in earshot of the speciality dining.

I see no press release with new all inclusive. I know they used to offer it as an add on a couple of years ago.

To be honest, I don't think it will make much difference. People who want the drinks package have been able to get it included for a few years now anyway.

We shall see, I suppose.

Are they coming up with something new??

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a couple of other threads discussing the premium all-inclusive program, which is not being offered in the US/Canada. It is very different from the All-Inclusive Package that they offered in 2015.

Premium all inclusive?

Premium all inclusive coming to the UK

Interesting. I wonder if and when will it be introduced in the US.

[emoji848][emoji848]

Interesting. I wonder if and when will it be introduced in the US.
Probably not anytime soon. The two main components of the offer: making everyone purchase an alcoholic beverage package, and not showing the gratuity as a separate item, would be very problematic in the US. You can't take away people's freedom like that.

Probably not anytime soon. The two main components of the offer: making everyone purchase an alcoholic beverage package, and not showing the gratuity as a separate item, would be very problematic in the US. You can't take away people's freedom like that.

Good!!!

[emoji111]🏻[emoji111]🏻[emoji111]🏻

Thank you. We're relieved about that as we generally cruise the Caribbean from Florida or do transatlantic trips and often plan to meet friends from the USA on board, some of whom don't drink. We were worried the price hike to all inclusive might put an end to that. [emoji106][emoji106]