Say it isn't true

Jgarreck2017

:loudcry:I sailed on the Niuew Amsterdam in the summer of 2015. One of my favorite lunches was on the Lido at the salad station. I saw a review that says they no longer have it. Is that true? We are returning to the ship in a couple of weeks and I was looking forward to that Asian salad with the seared tuna.

There is a very large selection of salad fixings available in the Lido Restaurant. The staff member will make it for you and the food will be placed into a very large plastic bowl. I do not know what all the foods available may be, particularly the seared Tuna.

I do know that most guests are very pleased with this new addition to the Lido Market Place, while I miss some of the prepared salads that once were available, i.e. Potato Salad.

NA has several salad bar stations now - no waiting and at least one is open for extended hours. They still have the asian dressing, but the selection of meat additions will change from day to day. Probably not seared ahi, but one can hope.

No more prepared meat "salads" either that I used to enjoy on top of my greens, but you can get pretty close. Keep asking, maybe they will bring them back.

We were on the Eurodam last August, which I believe has the same Lido layout as the NA. There is still an extensive salad bar, but you don't get to personally grab your own items now -- you tell the server what you'd like, and he or she adds it to a bowl and then tosses it up as rkacruiser already said aboe. In the end it works out just fine, except you can't easily go back to just get a little more of something. The first time it's annoying, and then you get used to it.

The one thing to keep in mind is that you also do not get to apply your own salad dressing. So unless you like drinking a bottle of salad dressing with your meal, always ask for the dressing on the side!!

And yes, I think they had Ahi tuna every day I went to the salad bar, although I seem to recall that it had an odd marinade, and so I would often go to another station and get a piece of hot fish or chicken on my salad.

There is a very large selection of salad fixings available in the Lido Restaurant. The staff member will make it for you and the food will be placed into a very large plastic bowl. I do not know what all the foods available may be, particularly the seared Tuna.

I do know that most guests are very pleased with this new addition to the Lido Market Place, while I miss some of the prepared salads that once were available, i.e. Potato Salad.

That's the way I remember it. I didn't mind the staff member making it. I prefer to have as few people as possible touching stuff. If you know what I mean. Smile.

Just got off the NA last Sunday. They had the seared tuna Asian salad as a choice every time I walked by and noticed.

One day I got the veggies and greens in a bowl and went to the Distant Lands area to finish making myself a taco salad 😀

On our two HAL cruises last year, NA and Koningsdam, seared tuna was available as part of the salad station every time my wife and I ate in the Lido for lunch when we are not in port. Hopefully it'll be available on our Zuiderdam cruise next month :)

We liked having staff make the salad - they were very accommodating as to what you wanted on it. We especially liked the fact that half the ship didn't have to handle the serving spoons that you were going to touch next :eek:

DH likes to get a salad and then going to the hot food line and having them put a piece of fish (which they had every day on a rotating basis) on top of his salad. He uses fresh lemon as the dressing. Lo cal but delicious:D

We enjoyed having the salads made for us by the staff. It didn't occur to me at the time, but in thinking back I have some concerns about their practice of mixing all of the salads with the same set of tongs - without rinsing them between applications. For folks with nut or seafood allergies (ingredients that are available for guests to request), this could be an issue.