Question on Harmony of the Seas Complimentary Dining and Dining Packages?

aimcat

Hey guys, for our sailing on Harmony for April we were checking out dining - it will not let us reserve any complimentary dining for the MDR in our cruise planner? We wanted to do some MDR dining and specialty.

A definite that we wanted to do is Wonderland, and the 3 day dining package seems like a great deal. What are the chances we would have any issues booking a time around 6pm for this on board for Wonderland? Pretty much open on the other 2 uses. We have most show booked around 8:30 so wanting dining before that and didn't know how risky it was holding out for the ship booking.

Hey guys, for our sailing on Harmony for April we were checking out dining - it will not let us reserve any complimentary dining for the MDR in our cruise planner? We wanted to do some MDR dining and specialty.

A definite that we wanted to do is Wonderland, and the 3 day dining package seems like a great deal. What are the chances we would have any issues booking a time around 6pm for this on board for Wonderland? Pretty much open on the other 2 uses. We have most show booked around 8:30 so wanting dining before that and didn't know how risky it was holding out for the ship booking.

If you have the MDR booked you would have already selected the early or late traditional seating time...no flexibility there like MTD.

Look at your cruise confirmation, it should state the dining preference you selected when you first booked the cruise (or your agent selected for you).

You can change your MDR time by going to the MDR on the first day and speaking with the host/hostess. However, I would first go to Central Park and one of the Specialty Restaurant there, to book your Specialty dining. A 6PM dining time should be OK to make 8:30PM shows, but always let the restaurant know you have a show to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at your cruise confirmation, it should state the dining preference you selected when you first booked the cruise (or your agent selected for you).

You can change your MDR time by going to the MDR on the first day and speaking with the host/hostess. However, I would first go to Central Park and one of the Specialty Restaurant there, to book your Specialty dining. A 6PM dining time should be OK to make 8:30PM shows, but always let the restaurant know you have a show to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change your MDR time onboard....isn't always a "can". It'll be based on availability and isn't flexible like MTD each night ;)

I thought I did my time dining where we just go when we want and choose to be seated at just a table for 2 etc

I think you should check your booking don't confuse MDR with MTD....I'm just answering to what you originally posted .

Ok so my time dining is just specialty restaurants? If we want to eat in he MDR there are just two times? I did check and it just implied that we would be able to reserve the time we wanted in the main dining.

Ok so my time dining is just specialty restaurants? If we want to eat in he MDR there are just two times? I did check and it just implied that we would be able to reserve the time we wanted in the main dining.

To eat in the MDR, you have two options: assigned time of early or late seating, or my time dining. My time you choose every day what time you want to go, sit where they put you and have different wait staff each night. You can request a specific area, but based on availability you may or may not get it. Assigned early or late you go at the designated time, sit at the same table each time, and have the same wait staff.

If you choose a specialty restaurant, then you pay extra and go there instead of the MDR. That is scheduled at whatever time you want, but is separate from the MDR.

Hope that helps.

No.....MTD (has nothing to do with the specialty restaurants for a separate fee $$ onboard) it is in one of the main dining rooms and has the flexibility of dining when you want to show up (or not) each night.

MDR is in another dining room and you have the option of booking either early or late seating's...no flexibility once you choose...you either show up at that time or use one of the specialty restaurant ($$) or the buffet that night.

Sounds like you should opt for MTD.

Please tell us exactly what your Cruise Planner says with regard to the type of dining you have.