What kind of deals do you get at the Next Cruise desk?

I see lots of people mentioning here that they book their next cruise while on board; we've never done it, but have always seen lots of people in that area on every cruise we've taken.

How good is the price you get from them, that makes it worth it? I figure it's got to be pretty good if it's popular enough to have the designated area...but we seem to get such good prices thru our travel agent that haven't considered it. But if it's worth it, then maybe we should?

We're on Oasis in September, and having an empty nest as of August we are thinking about planning another cruise for February, before tax season hits and my life is miserable for two months. LOL

It's not that great. They offered reduced deposits, $50pp in non suites, and a $200 OBC. I booked on board last time knowing I could change it anytime. The price actually went down $50 shortly after I got home and I had an adjustment done. If you use next cruise in the first 3 days of your cruise you'll be entered into a drawing. On my cruise someone won a $300 OBC.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

re Next Cruise - gives an on board passenger ability to book room of choice (and usually at lower prices) when new deployments open. For all bookings there are discounts based on your C and A tier and you receive On Board booking credit - which can used for the new cruise you booked OR use it for one you are on. If you are not ready to book a specific cruise then you can do an open booking (for a low price - maybe $100? ) which once that open booking is attached to a reservation the money you paid for open booking is your deposit! So instead of (lets just say $900 deposit on a new booking thru your travel agent) it is $100 (or whatever the going rate is for open booking. ) It lets you put a lower priced deposit on a future cruise when you are ready. And you can have a many open bookings as you want and if you decide not to use them the full amount will be refunded to you by Royal.

I see lots of people mentioning here that they book their next cruise while on board; we've never done it, but have always seen lots of people in that area on every cruise we've taken.

How good is the price you get from them, that makes it worth it? I figure it's got to be pretty good if it's popular enough to have the designated area...but we seem to get such good prices thru our travel agent that haven't considered it. But if it's worth it, then maybe we should?

We're on Oasis in September, and having an empty nest as of August we are thinking about planning another cruise for February, before tax season hits and my life is miserable for two months. LOL

On board booking give you reduced deposit and on board credit, but no difference in cruise price.

If you book onboard the ship, then you get those lower deposits and the OBC.

If you use a travel agent, and say for example you used a TA for the cruise you are on. The booking you make onboard will go to your TA of record(the one that booked the cruise you are on)

I would let your TA know that when you are on your sailing, you may take advantage of the onboard booking and know the reservation will go to them. ASK your TA, if I do that when I get home will you be able to look at the reservation and offer me something extra (maybe more OBC) If you TA is not willing to do that, the CHANGE TAs. It can be done! As a TA and not as a TA