First Princess cruise- liquor question

Lydia B.

Good morning,

Leaving on our first Princess cruise in 10 days and have a quick question.

I know I can order and purchase smaller bottles of liquor for my room in advance, but can you also purchase those for delivery to your room once onboard. I have already prepaid my tips and will have quite a bit of shipboard credit so would like to use that for payment. Thanks and Happy Daylight Saving day.

Ps Am I correct 2 of the smaller bottles is equivalent to the standard liquor bottle? Thanks agin....

No problem, just call room service when you want it. You'll also need to call room service to have the pre-ordered one delivered, and they will be very busy the first day.

Yes, the bottle is smaller than normal.

Good morning,

I know I can order and purchase smaller bottles of liquor for my room in advance, but can you also purchase those for delivery to your room once onboard. I have already prepaid my tips and will have quite a bit of shipboard credit so would like to use that for payment. Thanks and Happy Daylight Saving day.

Ps Am I correct 2 of the smaller bottles is equivalent to the standard liquor bottle? Thanks agin....

I'm not sure what you mean about 2 smaller bottles but the price they charge on board is for a 350 ml bottle & equivalent to what you normally pay for a 750 ml bottle at home. Quite expensive by any standards.

I'm not sure what you mean about 2 smaller bottles but the price they charge on board is for a 350 ml bottle & equivalent to what you normally pay for a 750 ml bottle at home. Quite expensive by any standards.

Agreed - especially here in Florida (when we are in the Adirondacks NY taxes raise the prices substantially) but Steve drinks double scotches which he enjoys on our balcony. The same drink would probably cost about $20 at the bar so ordering the bottles results in quite a savings.

What's the alternative? You can't bring the 750 ml bottles on board with you....

Good morning,

We order bottles to be delivered all the time to our room. It works really well for us even though the bottles are smaller. Definitely wait until you are onboard so that you can use your OBC. We usually save our OBC for specialty dinners but we never get very much since we normally buy last minute after final payment.

Good morning,

Yes, all spirits are in 375ml bottle, except for Cognac at 350ml

Be sure to take advantage of the happy hours 2x a day at 3pm and 11pm. BOGO for $1. You can take your double scotchs back to room if so desire. We also ordered 6 pack each of beer and they will give you the carry carton if ask

Agreed - especially here in Florida (when we are in the Adirondacks NY taxes raise the prices substantially) but Steve drinks double scotches which he enjoys on our balcony. The same drink would probably cost about $20 at the bar so ordering the bottles results in quite a savings.

What's the alternative? You can't bring the 750 ml bottles on board with you....[/quote]

The alternative is up to you....use your imagination. ;)

What's the alternative? You can't bring the 750 ml bottles on board with you....

I also often drink a double scotch but I can't do so in my cabin as I can't abide the scotch that is available through room service. It's really unfortunate that one can only get "mixing soctch" and not a nice 12 year old single malt. Heck, even a better blended scotch would be OK but all they offer is Cutty Sark (GAK!!!) and Johnny Walker Red. No thanks.

Hi,google rumrunners ,we use them all the time for our 2 liters of duty free vodka for a little drink in our room while getting ready.Before anybody flames us, we spend over $700 legally on a 2 week cruise which is probably more than most people spend,cheers,Brian.

Hi,google rumrunners ,we use them all the time for our 2 liters of duty free vodka for a little drink in our room while getting ready.Before anybody flames us, we spend over $700 legally on a 2 week cruise which is probably more than most people spend,cheers,Brian.

Way to go. :evilsmile: