Alcohol in the spa?

jrzurel

Really? No alcohol in the spa? When I was on the Gem I would stop by a bar and order a mojito in a plastic cup before going to the spa. I didn't get the impression that beverages were prohibited considering they had water available.

The official policy is no alcohol in the spa because consuming alcohol can be detrimental in combination with saunas etc. That said, they don't look to see what you are carrying in at all...

Regardless of what is in it, glass is prohibited for safety reasons, pools and bare feet....

I have brought cocktails into the spa on many occasions on several different ships, never a problem. I have asked the question explicitly on a couple of ships, they said it was fine. I don't know if there is a stated policy or if they make up the rules as they go along.

I have never tried to bring in any food, or asked them about it. There are oranges in the spa for people to eat, so if you want to bring in some other fruit, that's probably OK. A plate of food from the buffet, maybe not (but I did once see some used plates and cutlery lying around in there).