OK Have a picky question for you

kruisey

I love fresh oranges but am very picky some are too soar for me.

Towards end of last year there only seemed to be oranges from South Africa and Australia they both had a bitter tang.

I asked my friend in California (Who is a great CC fan you all know her) what has happened to the lovely juicy sweet Californian oranges and she answered they will be ready early 2018.She was right and now enjoying those big packs that one can buy in Costco.

My question to you is will be on Emerald Princess for 32 days starting from April 7th. She has been down in Australia area all winter but I wondered if fruit supplies are brought in from California or it will be from the Australian area? I love the Australian pineapple sweet and juicy ,but prefer the Californian oranges.

Picky question I know;)

My question is.Will the fruit on board be local from Australia ? Or does Princess supply ship with all the food including fruit from USA?

In Aus you will see a lot of local produce, but again if they can get it for less, including shipping, elsewhere they probably will.

But there are limits on imports of some produce so that they must get locally.

My question is.Will the fruit on board be local from Australia ? Or does Princess supply ship with all the food including fruit from USA?

In Australia Princess buys from Australian suppliers. Depending on the season they may supply oranges from the US just as we can buy them in the supermarkets depending on the season.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the moment the oranges I am getting from Costco are Delicious sweet and juicy Californian grown best I have tasted.

I remember the best pineapple I have ever tasted was on Barrier Reef previous Princess Cruise.

Guess I am a fresh fruit person:D

COST!! If they can get fresh fruit of a decent quality grown in Australia they will buy it and wouldn't get imported unless that was significantly cheaper.

I think you have the right answer. It's all about the cost.

Tony