Changing the billing of a booked and paid for trip to a different Credit Card.

Hi everyone,

I recently paid in full on a Royal Caribbean cruise on a certain credit card. I would like to get a refund to that card and put the bill on a different card in order to meet a minimum spend for a miles bonus. The cruise hasn't sailed yet. Has anyone had any luck doing this? If so did it mess anything up with your cabin etc. Thank you so much for any information!

You can change credit cards at check-in at least for on board purchases, not sure if that would work for the entire fare.

I would guess once the billing goes through and is posted it's pretty hard to move the charge.

Can you make a payment on the old card using the new card?

You can change credit cards at check-in at least for on board purchases, not sure if that would work for the entire fare.

I would guess once the billing goes through and is posted it's pretty hard to move the charge.

Can you make a payment on the old card using the new card?

Yeah I probably won't mess with success given all the problems people had with their rebooking after the drink package debacle. I could move the $$$ but balance transfers don't count for the min spend unfortunately. Thanks for the thoughts though!

My suggestion would be to make an additional payment in the full amount on the new card (effectively paying double) and once it posts (and only then) cancel the first payment. This should have no effect on your cruise (assuming they allow you to even do it).

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Forums App

Yeah I probably won't mess with success given all the problems people had with their rebooking after the drink package debacle. I could move the $$$ but balance transfers don't count for the min spend unfortunately. Thanks for the thoughts though!

Outpost's recommendation is a good one. Don't do a balance transfer, use the second card to pay the first. Some cards allow this, some don't. TA charged a cruise on a different card than I had planned to use, so I used the second to pay the first. Not a good idea to do this often (putting off payments by charging to a different source is kiting), but once shouldn't be a problem.

Hi everyone,

I recently paid in full on a Royal Caribbean cruise on a certain credit card. I would like to get a refund to that card and put the bill on a different card in order to meet a minimum spend for a miles bonus. The cruise hasn't sailed yet. Has anyone had any luck doing this? If so did it mess anything up with your cabin etc. Thank you so much for any information!

After reading some of the replies - just to confirm:

you HAVE paid in full already for your cruise using a certain card.

you now what to know if you get a REFUND on said card

you would then like to put the already paid fare on another card.

You have already paid for your cruise, it would most likely be treated as a cancellation and a re-book and with it comes the higher rates/etc.

Switching cards at the pier, I don't think is what you were asking??

It's possible. Royal accidentally cancelled my 5th passenger booking after paying the deposit through their group reservation department using a Visa card. It took about a week to try to fix it. Got fed up with the way Group Reservations and their Resolutions Department handled the response, and asked to transfer my booking to Amex. Since I wanted to use the platinum card cruise benefit, I was required to pay for everything using the Amex card. They wanted something in writing authorizing me to refund the Visa card. They took care of it seamlessly and also honored the same price.

One thing to note, I'm from NJ and the group reservation was paid in Canadian dollars due to the group all coming from up north. When moving the reservation to Amex, it had to stay in Canadian dollars. Also, we were removed from the group.

Good luck!