AFT CABIN 7121 ON jOURNEY

rabin1

Azamara don't list any of their cruises as repositioning cruises, but if you look at the year's pattern of cruises you can tell which they are - it's where the ship leaves one area ( such as far/Middle East) and goes to another area ( such as the Mediterranean) for the next 6 months or more. Looking at 2019 there are two very interesting repositioning cruises from a Japan to Alaska, then a few months later back again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Be aware that the railings/frontage in these cabins are actually solid metal to about 3 ft high so you will be unable to lie on a lounger (even if space/policies permit) and view the sea.

Personal experience as we have been in 7119 a few times.

Regarding flights do not forget that flight is 14 hours plus so I would be saving up for an upgrade as this must be among one of the longest non stop flights available.

We did LHR to Buenos Aires and that was hard enough in Club!!

Equally have you factored in 2 nights in Dubai at $300 per night.

You would not want to miss boat if flight went technical and you were delayed 24 hours .

I hope you enjoy your cheaper repositioning cruise.

Proctor

We've booked 7119 for Sept 2018. Seeing you have personal experience with this suite I thought I would ask a few questions:

#1. It appears the balcony wraps around. Do you find that you can sit in the aft section of the balcony with little breeze or move around toward the starboard side of the balcony and pick up some breeze when moving?

#2. Are there typically periods of the day where the balcony does get full sun? My life loves to lay out in sun. We were on in an owners suite last month on the RC Oasis and it has a great balcony on the Port side but no sun all day

#3. Have you used the balcony for a lunch or dinner? If so, did you utilize the service of the butler?

I would appreciate any other insights regarding Suite 7119 regarding the balcony or the suite itself.

Thank you!

Brian

#1. It appears the balcony wraps around. Do you find that you can sit in the aft section of the balcony with little breeze or move around toward the starboard side of the balcony and pick up some breeze when moving?

#2. Are there typically periods of the day where the balcony does get full sun? My life loves to lay out in sun. We were on in an owners suite last month on the RC Oasis and it has a great balcony on the Port side but no sun all day

#3. Have you used the balcony for a lunch or dinner? If so, did you utilize the service of the butler?

Can't speak for procter, but my experience of the CWs having stayed in them a few times is that 1. The balcony whilst open at the side doesn't wrap around. Depending upon wind direction you really need to be right at the rail to feel the breeze. 2. Depends upon where the sun is and which way the ship is docked. Full sun/part sun/shade all day. Had them all. 3. I've eaten dinner on the balcony before. There's enough space to seat 6 with a larger table the butler can get you if you want. You can request a meal from one or both of the Specialties if you want to as you are in one of the big suites. Lunch I prefer the buffet.

Sorry OP that we have gone off topic.

Thanks Phil,

You beat me to it.

Cannot add any more but can you confirm if they will offer room service to more than occupancy if you ask.

We have never tried this although we have had people for drinks in the past.

Maybe I can extend the courtesy from 22 April.

Edited by procter
typo

Thanks Phil,

You beat me to it.

Cannot add any more but can you confirm if they will offer room service to more than occupancy if you ask.

We have never tried this although we have had people for drinks in the past.

Maybe I can extend the courtesy from 22 April.

Yes, no problem as long as you give them a bit of notice and ask nicely. They are very happy to help.

Thanks for the feedback. I tend to research my trips to death since I book them 12-18 months in advance. I like the fact when I get on the ship I feel like I've already been on it so I'm able to take advantage of all it has to offer and have few negative surprises since I'm prepared for even the things that are less the perfect. I'm always shocked at how few people actually do any research before a cruise and then are disappointed after the fact by things that are common knowledge here on CC. Thanks again for all the help.

Can't speak for procter, but my experience of the CWs having stayed in them a few times is that 1. The balcony whilst open at the side doesn't wrap around. Depending upon wind direction you really need to be right at the rail to feel the breeze. 2. Depends upon where the sun is and which way the ship is docked. Full sun/part sun/shade all day. Had them all. 3. I've eaten dinner on the balcony before. There's enough space to seat 6 with a larger table the butler can get you if you want. You can request a meal from one or both of the Specialties if you want to as you are in one of the big suites. Lunch I prefer the buffet.

Sorry OP that we have gone off topic.

Thanks for saying the question and answer is off topic from what i ask. I think it is perfectly fine. That is how we learn...........lol

Kathy

Azamara don't list any of their cruises as repositioning cruises, but if you look at the year's pattern of cruises you can tell which they are - it's where the ship leaves one area ( such as far/Middle East) and goes to another area ( such as the Mediterranean) for the next 6 months or more. Looking at 2019 there are two very interesting repositioning cruises from a Japan to Alaska, then a few months later back again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for explaining. Like I said on my previous post. It is has we all learn by the experience of the people who have sailed before with Azamara.

Kathy

I need to be the one to apologize as I'm the one who took things off topic. Thank you OP for your understanding.

Like I said no worries and for sure no need to apologize. That is how we learn especially people like you and me who are newbies to Azamara..........lol

Kathy

Like I said no worries and for sure no need to apologize. That is how we learn especially people like you and me who are newbies to Azamara..........lol

Kathy

I get so excited when I see a post that is specific to the cabin/cruise I've booked that my adrenaline kicks in and I can't control myself-ha