Edge AQ Class

Iamthesea

:confused:

I saw it mentioned in one of the other Edge threads that the AQ's will have the Infinity veranda. Yet, when I looked at the Celebrity web site, the photo for the AQ layout shows a stateroom with the up/down sliding window thingy in the room instead. No glass folding doors or a veranda. :eek: Now I am confused. Does anyone know positively that the AQ has the Infinity veranda?

:confused:

I saw it mentioned in one of the other Edge threads that the AQ's will have the Infinity veranda. Yet, when I looked at the Celebrity web site, the photo for the AQ layout shows a stateroom with the up/down sliding window thingy in the room instead. No glass folding doors or a veranda. :eek: Now I am confused. Does anyone know positively that the AQ has the Infinity veranda?

Yes, they do (or will). I booked an Aqua cabin and specifically asked the agent if it had the inifinity balacony. I also subsequently had a live chat with a specially Edge trained rep who also confirmed.

Also, the up/donw sliding thingy is the infinity balcony.

There are what are similar to all glass french doors that open to the balcony. When the sliding glass window is up, you can open the glass doors and then the balcony becomes an extension of your room. It is air conditioned. Then, if you choose, you an open the sliding glass window (it open half way) and then you have an open-air balcony. If you close the french doors, the cabin remains air conditioned and the balcony is separated. I hope I have articulated this well for you.

Thank you both. :)

And I do understand how it all works because I have seen the video. However, the photo that they show on the website shows just the Infinity window ending at the back of the room. No French doors, veranda or sliding/Infinity window. Take a look under Stateroom Types - AQ.

Going to go ahead and book. Thank you again.

Edited by Iamthesea

Yes, look at the deck plans. You will see little indentations of where the beds go. Also, if the stateroom shows a black square, it indicates a sofa bed, so the bed is by the bathroom. Then the stateroom next door will have the bed by the balcony. ;)

Just spent 25 minutes to finally locate deck plans that I could enlarge enough to read. Unfortunately, I do not see black squares on any AQ rms which makes sense.. occup limited to 2

The next door rm has a cut out in the middle..that's all I see. Our rm is 10219.. Usually I don't care but in this case, do not want bed by the glass doors and can probably change now if needed.

So I'd be grateful if you can you let me know if it is bed by bath or glass divider. Thanks

Ps...I found a better deck plan...on X site about the ship,

Looks like there is a bed cut out by the glass door...Will call X to confirm, if they know , and hope to move to one with bed near bathroom...will make a much better space esp when the doors are open,..

Ps...I found a better deck plan...on X site about the ship,

Looks like there is a bed cut out by the glass door...Will call X to confirm, if they know , and hope to move to one with bed near bathroom...will make a much better space esp when the doors are open,..

Too late...unless we go further aft..

Other news..we paid $1749/pp with one perk...Now selling at $ 1899 pp

according the the British version of the celebrity web site:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/accommodation/edge-class-accommodation/

Our AquaClass staterooms are designed for anybody seeking well-being and relaxation. Exclusive to Celebrity Edge, your AquaClass Stateroom features an Infinite Balcony. With the touch of a button your doors will fold away and your entire living space will become your balcony.

When booking last week, my cruise consultant said "Aqua Class will have infinity balconies according to the information we currently have....

Thanks! Let me try.

AQ

AQ%20Class_zpsebs7irjo.jpg

Edge

edge-stateroom-skematic-2-1024x576_zpsw2tvwcan.jpg

I'm a little confused... The Aqua Class staterooms don't have a balcony section like on the regular verandas? The bottom image shows a clear seperation (with the French doors) of a balcony section, while the top one does not (the living space reaches all the way to the window). Can somebody clarify this for me ?

Thanks!

according the the British version of the celebrity web site:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/accommodation/edge-class-accommodation/

Our AquaClass staterooms are designed for anybody seeking well-being and relaxation. Exclusive to Celebrity Edge, your AquaClass Stateroom features an Infinite Balcony. With the touch of a button your doors will fold away and your entire living space will become your balcony.

When booking last week, my cruise consultant said "Aqua Class will have infinity balconies according to the information we currently have....

Earlier post pointed out that there are infinite verandas in AQ. ;)

Thank you for pointing out the French doors also work by remote control. Probably a food thing. They are like those closet doors that always come off track. :rolleyes:

I'm a little confused... The Aqua Class staterooms don't have a balcony section like on the regular verandas? The bottom image shows a clear seperation (with the French doors) of a balcony section, while the top one does not (the living space reaches all the way to the window). Can somebody clarify this for me ?

Thanks!

I brought this subject up in post #4. And Karen in post #5 explains it away as being a rendering problem.

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks!

These Photos are incorrectly marked. The top photo with no balcony is a Io category balcony. CAn be found on Deck six mid ship, Which is a panoramic ocean view room, not a balcony cabin. AQ have the infinite balcony.